Texas Babies

Cruising while pregnant

My husand and I have booked a cruise for Oct 2010 and we didn't think about the restrictions while being pregnant. I am counting my chickens before they hatch, but I am on Clomid so I am hoping if not this month, in a few months we will be successful. Has anyone or does anyone know if it's personally ok to cruise while pregnant. The cruise line allows up to 24 weeks pregnant woman to travel, I will be less than that but I am just nervous about being away from my doctor whether by visit or phone call for a whole week. My family says I'm just overreacting, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight. I wonder if the motion sickness will be increased, and if so, I can't take any meds so I'll be even worse off! Thanks for all the thoughts!

Re: Cruising while pregnant

• No personal experience here with cruises, but they will have a MD on board in case on an emergency. 

If you are prone to motion sickness then, I'd plan on having a rough time. If you are not, I don't think it will be increased primarily due to the pregnancy. Those boats are SO big you probably wont even feel the waves.

Anti-nausea medication (Zofran & Phenergan) can be prescribed during all trimesters of pregnancy if needed. 

GL and enjoy your last Vacay before the baby! 

• Thanks! We went on a cruise back in January and loved it so much we book again for October not thinking about our family plans ! I wasn't sick at all on the boat, so I am hoping this time will be the same. I agree, I didn't even know i was on a boat until I looked out the window! Our last cruise was suppose to be our babymaking cruise but it wasn't in the cards :( Thanks for the advice!
  • Loading the player...
  • My BFF went on a cruise for her babymoon and didn't have any problems (of course her and her DH go on at least one cruise a year).  She is even high risk - she has Type 2 Diabetes - and her doctor okay'ed it.
  • Well that's good news! Well I think my question was answered..thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"