Secondary IF
Options

If this situation was you....WWYD honestly?

suppose you had 12K of IF coverage you could use however you wanted. This includes $ for testing, etc.

And you want more than 2 kids ideally but only 1 at a time.

When would you have your cut off be for non IVF treatment be? There's a huge part of me that is DONE. I feel done, I feel worn out. I feel sad and overwhelmed every month (as its been 16 this time) but in the same regard, I don't want to do IVF and "waste" all of the money because I'd only put 1 embaby in at a time and I'm not shown to be a huge responder (for snowbabies).

I'm getting really close to being done. I feel my broken heart "wounds" scarring over and getting hard and calloused. I do not want this to change the fiber of who I am and it is. I've been on, essentially, a "break" cycle since Xmas and that hasn't helped. I feel like we either need to get this show on the road or be done.

My husband doens't understand this at all.

I feel like I need to put a time limit on it - like "I give this method(s) 3 cycles of full faith and devotion and then I have to have the right to say 'no more! no more doing the same thing that hasn't gotten me PG for what would be almost 20 months!'"

Thoughts?

Re: If this situation was you....WWYD honestly?

• Options
    I think only you are going to be able to say/know when enough is enough. You could put a time limit on it, but you also reserve the right to change your mind at any point now or down the road. It is a very hard process that takes a toll on us that for some reason our husbands dont understand fully. You can only do it for so long before you just can't emotionally and physically anymore. I know I didnt really answer your question but I hope I helped somehow. GL with whatever you choose.
  • Options
    Considering I had NO IF coverage, and suddenly I had 12K of coverage, I'd throw everything I had at a cycle or two one last time. You don't have any $$ to lose, right/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know that IVF seems like a huge step, but it also has the greatest odds.  

Sometimes (as crazy as this sounds) i am grateful that i didn't have a choice.  We are totally OOP, and who knows how much money i could have wasted on other options.  I don't know your cost break down, but it doesn't seem like the clomid has been doing much.  It may not be worth the money nor the time and frustration it is causing.

I guess i would go for the IVF.  Single embaby transfers can work:) but i may be biased.

I say go for whatever can get you out of the trenches the fastest with the best odds. 

• Options
    imageeyenerd:

Sometimes (as crazy as this sounds) i am grateful that i didn't have a choice.  We are totally OOP, and who knows how much money i could have wasted on other options.  I don't know your cost break down, but it doesn't seem like the clomid has been doing much.  It may not be worth the money nor the time and frustration it is causing.

I guess i would go for the IVF.  Single embaby transfers can work:) but i may be biased.

I say go for whatever can get you out of the trenches the fastest with the best odds. 

I agree. Especially since you have that coverage. That's what I would do.

• Options
    imagewaitingforbaby#2:
    imageeyenerd:

yep, this. you're RE can show you their success rates with single transfers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think you know in your heart when you're done. It's a different answer for everyone. I'd probably stop at IVF and look into adoption.
  • Options
    imagesmbd:
    imagewaitingforbaby#2:
    imageeyenerd:

That is what I would do, esp since you have 12K of coverage to play with...it's almost like free money for you to give it a whirl.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

Why are you not a good responder for snowbabies?

Given a good number of follies/eggs, what makes YOU think you might fare better with a retrieval/transfer situation?

Has your new RE given you an opinion as far as your potential to conceive with IUI?

I think diving into IVF might be a good idea, but I'm curious about these questions, esp. as you haven't had any IUIs with your new RE yet. :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

Hey lady :)

Honestly I'd be in hog heaven with 12k to mess around with.

I'd do a couple IUI's personally, because I know that's what worked for ME..then if they wouldnt work, I'd go for the IVF. But for me personally, I wouldnt jump into IVF, it'd be a very big decision for us to make since it's such a bigger deal than IUI, I dont take it lightly.

• Options
    imagehope4us:
    imagesmbd:
    imagewaitingforbaby#2:
    imageeyenerd:

That is what I would do, esp since you have 12K of coverage to play with...it's almost like free money for you to give it a whirl.  GL!

I agree with all of these posters. I'd go straight to IVF. Your chances are much higher.

Age 28 IVF # 1: BFN IVF # 2: Chemical IVF # 3: BFN FET # 1: BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think that I would give 2-3 IUIs a shot with this new doc. I think I remember you saying this RE is a lot more proactive and just better in general vs your last. Maybe start right off the bat with what worked for R and then go from there.

After that I would move on to IVF.

• Options

I would go with IVF.  Like the other posters said it really will give you the greatest odds.  And you will feel like you really tried everything.  You don't want to look back and have any regrets that you didn't try everything possible to have this second child.

Best of luck with your decision!

• Options
    Honestly it is so hard to make decisions in this process because you're constantly wondering if you're makine the right choice, etc.   Personally for me I am of the belief, for myself, that if step one doesn't work then you go on to step number two, number three, etc.......if IVF is the next step and there is 12K for you to use then I would take the next step.   

gl with whatever you do because in the end you're making the decision that is best for you and your family.
  • Options

First, I would kiss the ground because I magically had $12k to devote to treatments instead of the nothing that I have now.

Then I'd give IUI 1-2 shots and if that didn't work, I'd put the rest of the coverage towards IVF.

• Options
    I'm no expert, but if by some miracle we had good insurance like that I'd go with a couple of IUI then IVF!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"