3rd Trimester

35 weeks - light headed, dizzy?

I am just over 35 weeks and last night I started feeling very light headed, dizzy...like the room was spinning.  When I went to stand up, I immediately started to fall over, luckily DH was there to grab me.  It continued through the night and then this morning, it seems a little better, but I feel very unstable and still kind of foggy.  I am anemic and take iron supplements.

Has this happened to anyone else?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 35 weeks - light headed, dizzy?

• Yes.  This morning I got out of my car and felt light headed and dizzy and had "wobbly" vision.  I'm eating something now and sitting down.  I hope it goes away.

• Me too!  I've felt this way the past 2 mornings...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad I'm not alone!!  I feel the same way - kind of dis-combobulated!  I'm meeting w my OB this afternoon so I'll ask about it then I guess
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am like this a lot, throughout the whole pregnancy.  I just need to make sure i stay hydrated and eat frequently, dont get overheated, etc.  However, if you are low in Iron, i would def talk to your OB about it, as it could be a sign of something else.
  • Good to check if it gets worrisome (persistent and/or you actually pass out) for you, but my OB said it's completely normal.  And don't try to stand up while you feel like that!  He said to sit down right away until it passes. 
  • imageCCRMSS:
    I am like this a lot, throughout the whole pregnancy.  I just need to make sure i stay hydrated and eat frequently, dont get overheated, etc.  However, if you are low in Iron, i would def talk to your OB about it, as it could be a sign of something else.

Same for me, although I haven't been low in iron, I've still had this feeling on and off during my pregnancy. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I had the same problem a few weeks ago.  It continued to get worst so when I saw my Ob I mentioned it. She checked my bloodn pressure and it was elevated. Elevated enough that they sent me to L & D for monitoring :(  Now I am on modified bedrest until I deliver :p  GL to you ladies!!!
  • I had this for about 2 hours on Saturday.  I have GD, checked my blood sugar and it was fine.  I have been having cases of low blood pressure, so I figured it was this and it eventually went away with some fluids and about a half an hour of rest with my legs kicked up. 
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"