Rhode Island Babies
Options

Women and Infants

Anyone willing to share their thoughts/experiences at Women and Infants?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Women and Infants

• Options
    Perfect experience from the moment I walked in...I was hoping for unmedicated birth but baby had different ideas and flipped breech in last 2 weeks....Ended up my water broke 3am and I ended up in ER for a little while first but the nurses wereeeeee amaaaaaazing every last one of them...kept baby in room with me cant say enough good things about the staff...I have THEEEEE best oB too!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!  I really appreciate the response. :)  It's good to hear you had a great experience and really helps.  Thanks again! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All the girls that i know that have delivered there really loved it. I am looking forward to the tour that I just signed up for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered DS & DD there.  DD had to be in the NICU for 17 days (she was part of the big NICU move in Sept & was the 1st baby DC'd from the new NICU) and the staff there was beyond amazing.  I went into PTL about every 2wks after about 21wks (DD was born at 33wks).  (Needless to say, I went to the ER a lot during that pregnancy.)  The ER staff is kinda hit or miss (they're either amazing or terrible, depending on who you get), but once you get checked in, the staff is awesome.  I've had only a handful of bad experiences and way more good ones than bad.  I'm really looking forward to delivering.  Smile
  • Options

Hi there!

I delivered my first baby there this past August and had a great experience. I had also taken a bunch of classes there, including the hospital tour, prior. Those were great as well and made me feel alot better prepared.

I ended up staying 4 days due to an unexpected c-section and I felt I was very well taken care of and actually enjoyed my stay and being taken care of! I look back on it as a very special time spent with my new daughter together in our room. There are always some staff that are better than others but all in it was an extremely positive experience and I would definitely recommend the hospital! Let me know if you have any questions!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences!  It helps to hear.
  • Options
    I had a really good experiance, and was amazed at how quickly my call light was answered.  My only complainet was that they are not very kind to spouse if they want to stay with you.  Only on my last night did a nurse offer to get my husband a blanket and pillow
  • Options
    i am new to all of this. but so far i have had a great experience with them. they have been helpful and friendly. also with some of the sonograms and testing they scheduled things on a saturday through the er because i cant take any extra time from work. they have been wonderful so far.
  • Options
    The nurses were amazing! I had a very positive experience. However, I do have to agree that they don't cater to the spouses, but neither has other hospitals that my friends went to.
  • Options
    I only heard good things from my friend who delivered there. She had complications and was rushed from the ABC (alternative birthing center) to the ER and they literally saved her life (she tore internally and lost lots of blood). She said staff was amazing and she really liked her room, too.
  • Options
    I reallly have never heard of a bad story about Women and Infants and I work with a lot of ladies who have delivered there. My experience was beautiful. I was able to deliver med-free and had a wonderful recovery! I cant say enough of the nurses that tended to myself and my son, they were excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"