Virginia Babies

New to Virginia Beach

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to Virginia Beach and am having a hard time meeting anyone.  My husband is in the Navy and is about to go out to sea next month.  I'm a pretty shy person but was wondering if anyone in the area has any tips on how to meet other soon to be mom's or maybe other wives with husbands in the service?  I know it sounds pretty lame, but I'm not looking forward to spending 6-8 months by myself here with no friends lol.  I just started working for a bank and I'm hoping to meet some people through work.  If you have any advice I'm all ears!  Thanks!!

-ValSmile

Re: New to Virginia Beach

• You should join www.hamptonroadsmommies.com. It's a free mom's group. The calendar is full of events in the Hampton Roads area. To access the calendar you must be a registered member. 
  • I'm in VB, too.  I'm in the Navy and so is my honey who is also going on deployment soon.  If you ever want to talk let me know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am from VB and my husband is also in the Navy.  Deployments are definitely no fun.  I am sure you can meet people at work and maybe take fitness classes of some sort?  In either case, if you ever want to chat just let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"