Orange County Babies
Options

Input on names

So we've decided to wait until she is born to choose her name but I'm wondering what others might think of the names we've chosen. Any input appreciated! :)
?
Amelija
Iva
Danica
Sonja?

Re: Input on names

• Options
    I love Iva. Really cute and unique. Danica would be my second choice.
  • Options
    I like Danica.  Very cute name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We waited until Maya was born and chose her name once we met her. It was really special. In my opinion, I like Sonja best but all are gorgeous. Good luck with the upcoming arrival!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not a big fan of creative spellings (being in a preschool we see them ALL the time and it's just difficult for the kid).  That being said, I love Amelia, but not with the j in there. 

How do you pronounce Iva ... as in I-va or Eva or Ava?

I had a Danica and she was a sweet girl so that name is good in my book! hehe

Just not a fan of Sonja, but it's not a bad name, just not my fave.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageKaliChick:

I'm not a big fan of creative spellings (being in a preschool we see them ALL the time and it's just difficult for the kid).  That being said, I love Amelia, but not with the j in there. 

How do you pronounce Iva ... as in I-va or Eva or Ava?

I had a Danica and she was a sweet girl so that name is good in my book! hehe

Just not a fan of Sonja, but it's not a bad name, just not my fave.

Ditto this exactly!

• Options

Thank you for the input everyone! The reason for the "j's" in the spelling is not to just be different or creative I wanted her to have some connection to her Croatian heritage and in Croatian the "j" is soft. ?I'm a teacher and I know that all my little kiddos never let anyone mispronounce their names...and I've had some doozies! ;) ?I have faith that if she's anything like her mommy she'll let everyone know how to correctly pronounce her name...ha ha ha! Anyways, it's really important to me for her to always have a part of her Croatian heritage without having a VERY ethnic name that isn't as pretty...some aren't so sweet. ?:)

Thank you again!!! :)?

P.S. Iva is pronounced...ee-va. I prefer it over the Eva spelling because I don't want it pronounced Ava and I feel the E-V-A is more latin and again...I'm Croatian...we spell it Iva. :)?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"