Baby Showers

How to Relax?

Okay so there is a little bit of background to this.  In January my friend and roomie volunteered to throw me a shower and stated they would need some help coming up with games and they would need a guest list. I gave them a guest list and a list of baby shower games along with the date (A lot of my family is traveling in May so I had polled everyone on the best date early so I knew everyone would be available).  At that time they thought they would be A)Re-employed and B)Have their own place to stay.  Neither of those things happened and they never mentioned the shower again past like the first of February.

Around the first of April my friend from work asked me about the shower and I mentioned I was worried about there being no plans and no one would have time to get anything/have the invit/clear the date&time by the time the first planner got around to anything. She told me if Planner 1 flaked out she would LOVE to throw my shower jsut to let her know.  April 12th I gave up on planner one and handed it over to my friend from work.

She has been AMAZING.  She got all of the invites out in a week and even bought the matching Thank You notes for me because she thought they would be cute.  She asked me preferences on cake because she is ordering that this weekend.  And has let me know she plans on doing an ice breaker and a few games (I requested games because I think baby showers without games are boring).  I told her I did not mind munchy food (pretzels, chips, fruit, veggies) and soda/water.  All the specifics were left up to her and so far so great!

Here is the issue...I feel like I went from having to half planning my own shower and worrying over it to letting it completely go.  Granted I trust the person I let it go to 100% but I do not want to nag her and ask questions all of the time about the shower, but I feel compelled to do so since Planner #1 sucked!  Any suggestions to helo me with  just letting it go and going with the flow? 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How to Relax?

• If she already sent invites, has a game list, ordered a cake, asked for food preferences, and even did thank you cards, what is there left for you to worry about?  Sounds like she has it under control, relax:)  It's really sweet of her to take the reigns and you don't want to accidentally offend her.  And people know the baby shower drill, they're pretty much all the same.
  • I agree with Julieanna...the hard stuff is all done - just sit back and enjoy!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejulieanna21:
    If she already sent invites, has a game list, ordered a cake, asked for food preferences, and even did thank you cards, what is there left for you to worry about?  Sounds like she has it under control, relax:)  It's really sweet of her to take the reigns and you don't want to accidentally offend her.  And people know the baby shower drill, they're pretty much all the same.

This.  Why would you worry about anything?  Your friend has kept you in the loop, and told you she has everything worked out.  I don't see your dilemma, to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"