1st Trimester

Clicky poll: How long to get pregnant

My current pregnancy is a bit of an "Oops!" so I'm curious to see about others Smile
[Poll]

Re: Clicky poll: How long to get pregnant

• I was extremely lucky- took us 27 days, we are truely blessed.
  • Took us about a month or two of "every other day" trying, we got REALLY lucky

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • my DS is only 4 months...we def werent trying LOL ... oh and congrats!!!
  • This was sort of an oops. Since we just got married in March, we weren't trying but we weren't doing anything to prevent it either. But I also had a lap in February and figured I wouldn't get prego anytime soon. Whoops!

• imageKeyRyn320:
    BTW, what does "S.S." mean?

Special Snowflake: aka not one of the available choices - explanation requested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • As long as it took to drive to the grocery store, find the spaghetti sauce aisle, and pay...
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imagepiecesofflare:

This is kind of a b!tchy poll.

"We weren't even trying!!  How long did it take all of YOU?"

Huh?

If you don't like the poll, you don't have to participate. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepiecesofflare:
    imagemopsie:
    imagepiecesofflare:

Huh?

But I'm certainly allowed to comment on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Webster's dictionary doesn't define "participation" the same was it does "commentation".

I know, I looked it up.

I didn't participate in this poll. I refused because "prego" was in the title. But I absolutely opened it up to comment.

• imageMrsTechie:
    imagepiecesofflare:
    imagemopsie:
    imagepiecesofflare:

Huh?

But I'm certainly allowed to comment on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Webster's dictionary doesn't define "participation" the same was it does "commentation".

I know, I looked it up.

I didn't participate in this poll. I refused because "prego" was in the title. But I absolutely opened it up to comment.

Well, I certainly didn't intend it to be "b1tchy"... I have a LOT of mixed emotions about being pregnant again, as I know a lot of new moms (not saying all, but a lot, certainly) weren't expecting to get pregnant within the first 6 - 12 months of having a new child (most especially not before the first 6 were up!!). It does have it's ups and downs, and a lot of the downs are huge issues right now (work issues, financial issues, dealing with 2 under 2 when you weren't expecting to...), so this definitely wasn't a poke at those that have been trying for a very long time, and/or had to get medical intervention to conceive. I really respect those women for continuing to try, and doing what they had to do to have their beautiful babies.

And sorry if I offended you with the term "prego." I didn't realize that could be an offensive term on here.

ETA: There, I fixed the title.

• imagedragonsmercy:

Well, I certainly didn't intend it to be "b1tchy"... I have a LOT of mixed emotions about being pregnant again, as I know a lot of new moms (not saying all, but a lot, certainly) weren't expecting to get pregnant within the first 6 - 12 months of having a new child (most especially not before the first 6 were up!!). It does have it's ups and downs, and a lot of the downs are huge issues right now (work issues, financial issues, dealing with 2 under 2 when you weren't expecting to...), so this definitely wasn't a poke at those that have been trying for a very long time, and/or had to get medical intervention to conceive. I really respect those women for continuing to try, and doing what they had to do to have their beautiful babies.

And sorry if I offended you with the term "prego." I didn't realize that could be an offensive term on here.

ETA: There, I fixed the title.

I didn't think you came off as b*tchy. I can only imagine the roller coaster you're on with having such a young LO and now unexpectedly anticipating another one.

And "prego" isn't offensive so much as it is seriously annoying. :) So is any shortened abbreviation of "pregnant".

• imagepiecesofflare:

It's cool, and I understand having mixed feelings.  Just keep in mind that this kind of thing is a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who spent tens of thousands of dollars and went through hellish procedures and surgeries just to get pregnant at all.

I'd have loved to skip all that and just have an 'oops'.  What an amazing luxury to be able to just get pregnant by having sex.  To people like me that kind of seems like hitting the fertility jackpot.  I understand that not everyone is thrilled when they get pregnant, and I'm sorry that you're not, but this poll kind of rubbed your luck in a lot of people's faces.

And FYI, a lot of people try for more than a year before getting their BFPs naturally.  One friend of mine got hers on cycle 21, all natural.

But it's cool.  I just wanted to point out that it's maybe not the most tactful poll.

Yup.

For the record, I'm special snowflake. 

I got pregnant accidentally in 3/09, on purpose in 5/09, on purpose again 11/09, and on purpose again 1/09.  I was never pregnant for more than 8 weeks.  I got pregnant AGAIN in March and am hopeful this one's for real.

This question is loaded, man.  Just because a gal can get knocked up at the drop of a hat doesn't mean she's going to have a baby.  You can ask my habitual abortion posse.  We know from fertility, man.  How many people do you know who are capable of getting pregnant five times in fifteen months?

And still don't have a baby?

And then we have the folks who struggle - and I do mean struggle.  For those guys, to hear "Oh, we're so conflicted, it happened so fast" is a smack in the face.

For the record, I've had an oops on the pill baby, I've had a baby that took 5 cycles (7 months) to conceive, and will HOPEFULLY have this baby at which point we will have been in the game for 2 years (and 4 losses).  It's a heck of a lot easier to deal with an oops baby.  I know. I've done it. 

• imagepiecesofflare:
    B!tchy was probably the wrong word.  It came off as more... braggy or smug.  I understand now that you don't feel that way, but that's how it came out. 

Smug's probably the right word.

Huh?

For the record, I should know better than to open these polls.  They only ALWAYS annoy me.  

• imagepiecesofflare:
    B!tchy was probably the wrong word.  It came off as more... braggy or smug.  I understand now that you don't feel that way, but that's how it came out. 

See, I didn't see that.  My first inclination when I see any of these polls is "How do grown ass women have an oops? You are either using birth control, or you could very well get pregnant."

So I am usually just more amused at the shock over something rather basic.

• 8 months of trying for us.

• I really think everyone is reading too much into this. Yes, some people unfortunately have to deal with IF and/or PL.

Some people don't. 

She just wanted to know the characteristics of this board. 

I don't see the big deal. It seems like some people read way too much into the OP.

• I agree I don't think this was meant as a slap in the face to anyone.  But i am still Indifferent at the any "oops", shy of a total breakdown of correctly used birth control.
  • imagepiecesofflare:

I don't believe it was *meant* as a slap in the face, but until you've battled infertility you can't understand.  If you've been lucky enough to not have to deal with it, then you won't get why polls like this suck.

That's all.

Yup.

Absolutely. 

• I was on the pill, so this LO was definitely an unplanned surprise!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • 7 months...
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • imagepiecesofflare:

I don't believe it was *meant* as a slap in the face, but until you've battled infertility you can't understand.  If you've been lucky enough to not have to deal with it, then you won't get why polls like this suck.

That's all.

I think this is exactly the point.

I answered the poll because I thought, overall, it might be helpful for those who stumble onto this thread who are ttc.

And I wasn't offended by the pregnant-by-accident part. It's just always a stab to my heart whenever I hear about people who are- especially if they are not excited about it. :( 

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • First cycle, thanks to the CBEFM!  DD was also conceived on the first cycle using the CBEFM.  That thing rocks.
  • It took us 20 months of heartache (with a miscarriage the month before the current bfp).

It was a rollercoaster. I did trigger shots and clomid at one point. We ended up going to a fertility clinic and found out I have a pituitary tumor, producing excess prolactin. So that was keeping me from ovulating and/or producing enough progesterone.

After several months of medication for my pituitary tumor, we finally were pregnant.

• InvBKInvBK member
    imagehhpd2009:

imagepiecesofflare:

See, I didn't see that.  My first inclination when I see any of these polls is "How do grown ass women have an oops? You are either using birth control, or you could very well get pregnant."

So I am usually just more amused at the shock over something rather basic.

You do know that the pill is only 99% effective right?  "Grown ass women" can most certainly be using birth control and still get pregnant. 

• My husband and got married in March, and for the past two years have been really careful not to get pregnant( I wanted to wait till after we are married) But somewhere around the end of feb we stopped being careful. We got married March 27th and found out I am pregnant on April 12th! So I got pregnant the week of my wedding :)  We are so happy, for some reason I thought it would take me a really long time to get pregnant but now that I think about it, I was not really trying before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"