St. Louis Babies
Options

Just found out we are expecting... need a good OBGYN

Can anyone recommend a good OBGYN in the South County area? I have one but am seeking other options. Or even a good midwife

Re: Just found out we are expecting... need a good OBGYN

• Options
    Congratulations!  I can't help much, but I just wanted to welcome you to the board.  I live in St. Charles county, so that would be out of the way!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I really like my OBGYN; been going to her for over 10 years and I am almost 31.  Her name is Beth Gearhart and she is at St. Luke's Hospital.  I have recommended her to others and they all like her too! Congratulations again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I live in Imperial, but I drive up to MO Bap. I don't know how you feel about a male doc, but I see Dr. Mark Jostes. You never wait to get in... usually they are calling my name before I am even completely checked in. He is really nice about everything, and the past 36 weeks with him have been great. When I started to get uncomfortable at work, he told me just to say the word and he would write me a note to take some time off. He is part of Suburban OB-GYN and there are 4 docs in the office so anytime I have had concerns or wanted to come in to make sure everything was okay, they have been able to get me in. There are 2 males and 2 females, so if you aren't comfortable with a male they may still be able to help you. If you are interested, their number is 314-569-2424.
  • Options

Congrats to you!! My OB is at St. John's and his name is Dr. Chris Ahlering. He is wonderful. I have been seeing him for over 13 years. I have a 3 year old and I am pregnant again. Dr. Ahlering was so great during my first pregnancy and I am equally thrilled with him this time around. I know St. John's isn't in South County, but he is worth the drive :)

• Options

Congrats!  I LOVE Dr. Daniel McDonald with Metro OBGYN.  He's in Kirkwood near the corner of Big Bend and Kirkwood road.  There are a total of 4 docs in the parctice (Dr. McDonald, Dr. Levi, and Dr. Hartman, they just got a young female OBGYN when I was pg this last time, her name is Dr. Meyer).  I'll go to Dr. McDonald until he retires unless there's a reason I can't, I totally trust him with my life and my childrens lives.  I literally can't say enough good things about him. 

816 South Kirkwood Road Suite 100
    Kirkwood, MO 63122

(314) 686-4990

ETA:  He delivers at MoBap and St. Clares.

• Options

I'm actually a L&D nurse at St. John's, so if you are wanting to deliver there, here are the OB's all of us L&D nurses go to!  Dr. Shores (that's mine), she's in a group with Kuebel, Boyd and DeRosa (I would let ANY of them touch me!), she is the only female.  Dr. Herrmann, he's so much fun and he usually does ultrasounds at every office visit!  He shares an office with Dr. Mimlitz (male), who is also fun!  And then Dr. Marcrander, she is the only female right now in a group of 4 males, they will be adding another female to their practice in August who is one of our residents now and she's pretty amazing! 

If you're planning on delivering closer (I think St. Anthony's is closer) there is an all female group, Campbell, Collins, Green and Joyce, and they are all pretty awesome!  Good luck choosing and if you have any questions about anyone, feel free to ask!

• Options

I see Dr. Kuebel and I love him. He answers any and all questions I come up with. I had a freakout at 12 weeks and talked to Dr. Boyd on the phone and he was great, really calmed me down and put me at ease. The staff had no problems squeezing me in to see Dr. Kuebel the next day, no attitude at all (I've switched from a doctor before because of how awful the staff was).

• Options

My OBGYN is Dr. Philpott of Women's Care Consultants and I love him.  The office is nice, the staff and nurses are wonderful.  He has 2 partners that are great too but I saw Philpott for 90% of my care.  He has amazing bedside manners and really listens to your concerns and spends the time with you during the visit.

Their office is located right in the lobby of MoBap.

I was a patient of Gearhart but I wasn't impressed.  I guess our personalities didn't match so I switched practices when I was still in the 1st trimester.  I'm sure she was a fine OB but I just didn't feel comfortable.

Go to www.ratemd.com to get a feel for a doctor...it's just some patient reviews but I found it was helpful to find a doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"