Pennsylvania Babies

Summer Kids' Movies at the Theater?

It might be too early, but I remember the past two summers that a lot of the local theaters did special daytime kids' movies around lunchtime for really inexpensive prices? Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and know of any theaters that are planning anything similar this summer? I'm starting to get a list together of all of the things we want to do this summer and getting so excited!

Re: Summer Kids' Movies at the Theater?

• I used to run the Regal Harrisburg 14 and worked for Regal for way too many years of my life, so I can give you some info on their summer program!  The Free Family Film Festival at Regal starts (usually) in June and runs through August.  A G and PG rated film are shown at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  Admission is free for everyone; concession stand is open with regular pricing.  The list of this year's movies are up on their website:

https://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx?state=PA

That should show all the PA locations if you just scroll through.

Not sure about the AMC in Harrisburg, but I do think last year the Great Escape in Harrisburg and the Cinema Center in  Camp Hill both ran something similar, but I don't know anything about their programs....and I don't know about any other theater chains as they were not my direct competition so I didn't have to care Wink

ETA:  Doors generally open at 9:30 and there will most likely be a line (the first week or two might not be as bad) so I recommend being pretty early if you can be.  You can walk in at 10, but might not be able to get into the movie you want (usually one is much more popular than the other in any given week).

• Perfect - thanks!! That's exactly what I was thinking ofBig Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • No problem!  Hope you guys have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"