Texas Babies

SAfirefightersgirl

I'm dying to know how your appt goes with Villanueva! GL and keep me posted!!

Re: SAfirefightersgirl

• How did it go?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!! 

It went great!  

The staff was really friendly, he has a small but very pretty office.  It's located directly accross from the hospital.  I didnt wait too long.

He was extremely nice, sensitive and nurturing.  He treated me like I just found out I was expecting and went over all the basic stuff with me I thought that was nice not assuming I should already know what I'm doing.  We went over all my history he left the conversation very open to all questions.  I told him why I left my last OB he explained that was why he decided to break out on his own because he wanted more patient time.  Michael and I met with him for about 45 minutes, I didnt feel rushed at all.  I got to hear the heartbeat again...what a beautiful sound 170 BPM very strong! 

The only thing I was that was odd but no way deters me from going back is all thier equipment is very basic.  I guess since he is just starting out.  My last OB was part of a huge parctice so there were LCD screens everywhere, digital scales, huge rooms etc.  His is very basic old manual scale, small rooms, tiny doppler etc.  

I think you will really like him!!   

• Oh thank goodness!! Thanks for the info. I will just cancel the backup appt i had with Harden in case i didnt like him. I know I will!! Did you do the NT Sono?

technology doesn't bother me, my hospital in Corpus was outdated too. I am used to the manual scales, blood pressure cuffs etc.

I am glad he spent time with you. I felt so rushed with Harden. She kept looking at her watch....

Thanks so much! And keep in touch ;) 

• I didnt do the NT Sono there, he gave me some literature to look over and discuss with Michael as homework for my next appointment.  The phamplet was about a triple/quad screening, he said to discuss it in detail after reading and if i decide to do it he will schedule me after my 16 week appt.  Then when I got back home and looked over my book about the NT sono it said it needs to be done within 12-14 weeks so I called back today because I do want that. 

Let me know how your appointment goes.  

• Yes the NT sono is done at 12 weeks. My appt is May 6TH. They wouldnt let me do the gender scan any sooner than 18wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"