Minnesota Babies

breastmilk donation

my dh and I are adopting a little boy who will be here in a few short weeks. I am trying to nurse him but will not have a big enough supply. before finding out we were adopting we met a woman on the adoption board who was going to donate to us but for medical reasons had to stop BF..now we dont have anyone. if anyone is interested or knows someone who has a bunch of extra and wants to donate would you pm me and we can talk about it???

I really just want to give him the best start and I know that nursing him will help with bonding but also would like him to receive the nutritional value as well!

TIA

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
3 failed femara iui cycles-
moving on to IVF oct 2011
ER nov. 7th
tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
lots of +hpt!!
beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
another miscarriage 12/23
moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
ET 4/28 3 transfered
Beta #1- 356
Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: breastmilk donation

• You could probably contact La Leche League. They might be able to put you in touch with someone who can help.
  • I don't have any resources for you, and we are at the end stages of weaning, so I don't have any milk for you, but...

I just wanted to give you kudos!  Every drop that you can give him will be great, and I am way impressed that you are going through the huge effort of nursing a child you didn't give birth to.  I can't imagine how much work it will be to establish a supply.

Good luck, and congratulations on the coming addition!

• Loading the player...
  • You've probably already read about Fenugreek but I took the supplement for a few days when I came home from the hospital and it drastically increased my supply. Sorry I don't have any info about breastmilk donation. Congrats on your upcoming little one!

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have any ideas on where you can get milk, but I used Fenugreek and another supplement when I was BFing to increase my supply.... they helped a little bit.

Please keep us updated on your adoption process! I'm an adoptee, and I adore listening to others' stories! What a lucky little boy you are welcoming! Congrats! Smile 

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"