Phoenix Babies
Options

Desert West obgyn mamas...

What did they do at your first appointment?  Dr. Jaacks wanted to see me at 6 1/2 weeks instead of the traditional 8 weeks, but they couldn't get me in until 7 weeks.

It sounded like she was going to do an ultrasound, but I forgot to ask when I made the appointment.  Do you think we'll see the heartbeat at 7 weeks, 1 day?

Thanks ladies! I'm so freaking excited!!

Re: Desert West obgyn mamas...

• Options
    I got to see my HB at 6wks, so hopefully you'll get one!
  • Options
    I go to Desert West OB. I see Dr. Zhang. They wouldn't see me until 8 weeks and I had an ultrasound. I am not sure about seeing the heartbeat at 7w1d. I love them though. My sister used them and was very happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a vaginal US at 8 weeks. I love Dr DeSalvo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

What else did they do at the first appointment?  Was DH allowed in for the appointment?

Thanks ladies!

• Options

At my first appointment they had me fill out a lot of paperwork, and then the doctor went over all of it with me and asked me questions. I had to pee in a cup so they could do another pregnancy test. I got a PAP and breast exam, then an internal ultrasound. DH and my mom went with me and they were both allowed to go back with me.

Which office are you going to? I went to the Estrella office.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageASUBride:

What else did they do at the first appointment?  Was DH allowed in for the appointment?

Thanks ladies!

DH is allowed in for anything. If he isn't, you need to find another doctor! lol. The first appt was mostly just answering questions, filling out paperwork, etc like pp said. 

Honestly the appointments (other than the first US and the big 20w US) aren't very eventful. They make you pee in a cup, take your bp, listen to the hb, measure your belly, and send you on your way

PS my friend saw dr jaacks for her pregnancy and really liked her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yay! I'm so excited! I'm going to the Estrella office for this appointment. 

Did they send you guys for loads of bloodwork afterward too?  I'm nervous about that part!

• Options
    imageASUBride:

Did they send you guys for loads of bloodwork afterward too?  I'm nervous about that part!

I think I only had it once? For the GD test later on

• Options
    imageb15chik:
    imageASUBride:

I think I only had it once? For the GD test later on

Really???  I keep hearing ladies on first tri say they had like 14 vials of blood taken!!  That was freaking me out!

• Options
    People kept making comments to me like that too, but I only remember having it taken once. The beginning is kind of a blur, now...so it's possible there is one more blood draw in there. But definitely not more than 2
  • Options
    That is a great office! I love Dr. Tom!! She wasnt on call when I had LO...I had Dr. Koon, and he was great too! Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"