Pregnant after a Loss

Work Shower!

Work is throwing a shower! It will be a co-shower with the other woman that is pregnant with twins. They told me so that I could invite my DH.

This makes me happy on two notes. 1. Cake will be involved and 2. I don't have to be the center of attention since the other woman will be there as well.

I really only get along/ talk with a few of the people here but it's very nice for them to throw us a shower. This will be my only shower since my family lives out of state and only a few of DH's relatives (parents, Uncle, Aunt) live here. It just couldn't work out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Work Shower!

• That is nice of them, I hope the cake is yummy :O)
    When are they doing it
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Yay! That?s so exciting Jacquie! When is it? I hope you have fun!

My DH told me yesterday that the guys at his work want to have a baby party, not a baby shower, for us. haha. Cake and food (and beer) and maybe some diapers. Not many of them are married, but there is one or two wives I know from when I hosted Thanksgiving. So I am kinda looking forward to that.

The ladies at my work mentioned having one for me too, but I am not so sure it?s gonna happen. But I guess they better get it together quick, they now know I am leaving the 15th : ) Maybe they will suprise me! 

And I?m not gonna lie, the most common kind of cake here is tres leches and it makes me gag. Eww. So I sure hope they come up with another idea cause that?s what I?m excited about the most - the cake.

Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAddicted2Thenot:
    That is nice of them, I hope the cake is yummy :O)
    When are they doing it

May 12th after lunch.

• That's great KT! A baby party sounds like fun and you don't have to worry about any silly shower games that you don't like. Maybe you will get a surprise at work too!

The cake is the best part, hopefully they will get something different. May I suggest:

• that's aweosme. and YEAY CAKE!
  • Oh that is just a few weeks away. FUN! 
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • lol at the cake JQ!
  • Yayyy I'm sooo happy for you that you're getting a shower!!!!
    In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • Aww, that's so fun!! Have fun! When is it??

I'm jealous that you'll get to share, I had one at work and it was aaaawkward being the center of attention w/ all work people.

yay for cake!!

• imageLC0479:

Aww, that's so fun!! Have fun! When is it??

I'm jealous that you'll get to share, I had one at work and it was aaaawkward being the center of attention w/ all work people.

yay for cake!!

May 12th. I also hope I can hide from the camera and have DH be my buffer. Yeah, there is definitely akwardness there especially when you don't really know the people.

• That's awesome, what a nice thing for them to do.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Hope they get yum cake!! and you forgot the added benefit - some work day time spent ' showering'!?
  • imageL2theC42:
    Hope they get yum cake!! and you forgot the added benefit - some work day time spent ' showering'!?

True! Smile

• That's great!
  • Aww how fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"