LGBT Parenting

Adoption hearing date set!

We just got notification for our lawyer. The adoption hearing date is set for May 4th! I'm so excited for my partner to have legal rights to our DS.

Because we basically share a birthday (we are two days apart) we've agreed not to share Mother's Day. Instead, we will be celebrating my partner's Mother's Day on May 4th and we will celebrate my Mother's Day on the traditional date. With that said... I'd better get shopping! Any ideas on a Mother's Day gift?? Something thoughtful that has to do with DS? I need help!!

Re: Adoption hearing date set!

• Congrats! That is great! What a cutie you have!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • What a cute baby!! And congrats on the adoption court date...

I'm thinking about ideas for my DW for mother's day too, something to commemorate this being (probably) the only Mother's Day that she's pregnant, and I've been looking a lot at Red Envelope- DW is not exactly feminine, so something like this https://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/reasons-I-love-you-stones-30002394?viewpos=19&trackingpgroup=rccat&tile=hmpg_pod1 is a "thought that counts" kind of gift.

I've also been thinking about buying her a small gift, but making a production about the actual day, like making her brunch, making up a fancy table, etc. Maybe for you, get a cute outfit for the little one :-)

Hope this helps, looking forward to seeing the others responses, I'm running low on ideas too!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My partner got this frame for me when I adopted our daughter and I love it.  I love it so much that I bought the same one for her... she adopts our son tomorrow.

Congratulations on the upcoming adoption!

• imageprojectkjetil:

My partner got this frame for me when I adopted our daughter and I love it.  I love it so much that I bought the same one for her... she adopts our son tomorrow.

Congratulations on the upcoming adoption!

OMG... I love that! Was it difficult to do the hand and foot prints?

• congratulations!

I don't have any gift ideas, though. I'm terrible at coming up with gift ideas. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to do for my wife.GAH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"