Texas Babies

SAfirefightersgirl

I saw Dr. Harden today. She was very "dry" compared to my OB down in Corpus. I was told by fellow nurses that she is moody, poor bedside manner and mean to the nurses. I could see that from my appt. She tried to be nice, but it was forced.

I am scheduled to meet Dr. Villanueva in 2 weeks to compare and choose. I heard awesome things about him! The nurse's all love him and use him personally for their OB/GYN care, which says a lot.

I am still scheduled with dr harden for a follow up after i meet villanueva in case i dont like him. if i do like him, i will just cancel her appt.

GL 

Re: SAfirefightersgirl

• Oh, thank you for posting back.  I hope I have a good experiance, I've already switched docs once.  The one I had before had terrible bedside manner, everytime I asked a question she made a side comment-very rude.  I think it was because she is in her early 30's and probably views me as a peer which I like not being talked down to, but during this time I really need/want some nurturing.  I just felt bad asking any questions with this being my first I didnt want to feel uncomfortable asking questions. 

I hope I have a good experiance with her if not, I can switch again.  Where does Dr. Villanueva practice?

• Well she isn't nurturing I can promise you that! If you dont like her I will give you his website. He is on Sonterra, same hospital
  • Loading the player...
  • I did some asking around.....  My friend who is also an L&D nurse delivered with Dr. Villanueva and she loved him.  She said he was very attentive, kind and nuturting and made the experiance very enjoyable. 

I'll go to this appt tomorrow and if I dont like her I'll switch to him.  If she recommended and you got good recommendations too then he must be good! 

• WELL THATS GOOD TO HEAR! YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU MEET IF YOU LIKE HER OR NOT! ITS YOUR BODY AND YOUR BABY SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION FOR YOU ;) I DIDNT PICTURE THE DELIVERY BEING A HAPPY MOMENT WITH HER AS MY DR.... LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!

• I WONDER IF YOU L AND D FRIEND IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE REFERRING ME TO HIM AS WELL....
  • imageTonya&Cody:
    I WONDER IF YOU L AND D FRIEND IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE REFERRING ME TO HIM AS WELL....

Oh maybe!  Her name is Audrey.  She delivered about a month ago.  I also have 2 other L&D nurse friends Heather and my bestie Geneve. 

• let me know how you like her today. when is your appt? will you get the NT sono today since you are practically 12 weeks?
  • Well my appointment was for today at 11, but they called me this morning trying to reschedule I took it as a bad sign.  I called Dr. Gill Villanueva my friend Audrey gave me the number and they had availability tomorrow so I'm going tomorrow.

I think you said you're meeting him in a few weeks, so I'll psot back tomorrow with my experiance.  Here's hoping!!

• wow you got in quick! please let me know what you think of him!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"