Nurseries and Baby Gear

How many dressers for nursery?

I've always had a dresser and a chest of drawers and am wondering if we'll need both for the nursery.  The room is a decent size, but with a chair and changing table it might get a little crowded with 2 dressers.  However, I have a feeling this child's wadrobe is going to be out of control and I want plenty of storage.  What is everyone else planning on?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many dressers for nursery?

• I have a three drawer dresser and I find it to be plenty. I also have a small closet where clothing he does not fit in is hung up. There are tons of organization tools for the closet for that out of control wardrobe :c)
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • We have one dresser that also doubles as a changing table (changing pad on top). We also have an incredibly small closet, with very limited hanging space.
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought the Hemnes dresser from Ikea in white.  It's HUGE...but it will be our changing table and our LO's dresser for years to come.  It makes up for the smallish closet she will have to live with!  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One dresser + a closet is plenty.  Baby/kid clothes are little  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imageCrazyToast:
    We bought the Hemnes dresser from Ikea in white.  It's HUGE...but it will be our changing table and our LO's dresser for years to come.  It makes up for the smallish closet she will have to live with!  =)

I've been looking at getting the Hemnes for the nursery. How did it match with your other furniture?  Is it too tall to be a changing table too? TIA

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I've just always had and always purchased dressers and chest of drawers so that's what we purchased for lo ... plus the furniture we purchased is what we're hoping to use until the kid goes to college ... so we purchased with the future in mind ... not for just the nursery
  • Our closet is pretty small so we purchased a small dresser (used as the changing table) and a taller dresser. We need the extra storage now and will definetley need it as our baby grows.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use our entire closet in our master bedroom so all DH's clothes are in the baby's room.  So we went with a dresser and an armoire with a closet rod in it for her clothes to hang.  I think we will have plenty of room with that.  The dresser can double as a changing table if I want to get a pad for the top of it.
  • imageSammyBeeRivers:

imageCrazyToast:
    We bought the Hemnes dresser from Ikea in white.  It's HUGE...but it will be our changing table and our LO's dresser for years to come.  It makes up for the smallish closet she will have to live with!  =)

I've been looking at getting the Hemnes for the nursery. How did it match with your other furniture?  Is it too tall to be a changing table too? TIA

In the nursery, we have the smaller Hemnes and it seems to be a good height for a changing table. We have it in white and it matches perfectly with the white, IKEA Gulliver crib we bought.

We do actually have the larger Hemnes dresser in our bedroom - and it does blend in nicely with our espresso colored bed. 

HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"