New York Babies

diaper services and daycare

Anybody use a diaper service that they want to recommend?

I'm also just beginning the search on daycare options.  Any idea where I can find some options to look at?  I live on the Upper West Side and work in Times Square.  I really don't even know where to start!

Thanks for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: diaper services and daycare

• was referred to this service by my childbirth educator:

https://diaperkind.com

• I'm in the same boat - I have NO idea where to even begin on daycare. I also live on the UWS and am due in August. I'm going to do some research, let me know what you find and I'll do the same!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll chime in as a third then - I'm due in September, live on the UWS and find looking for daycare extemely overwhelming. So far I have just been googling. Would love to know what you ladies find!
  • It's so hard! I searched for a while yesterday and didn't come up with much. I called the 63rd St Y and they haven't called me back, but their website says they have a year-long waiting list.

I also found Smarter Toddler on 89th (I think) which looks really cute but again, long waiting list, and the full-time price is $2400/month. I'm a social worker at a non-profit so that's basically my salary :)

Nanny share anyone??

• imageCityGirl07:

It's so hard! I searched for a while yesterday and didn't come up with much. I called the 63rd St Y and they haven't called me back, but their website says they have a year-long waiting list.

I also found Smarter Toddler on 89th (I think) which looks really cute but again, long waiting list, and the full-time price is $2400/month. I'm a social worker at a non-profit so that's basically my salary :)

Nanny share anyone??

how much is a Nanny share? I don't live in the UWS but I'm curious...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCityGirl07:

It's so hard! I searched for a while yesterday and didn't come up with much. I called the 63rd St Y and they haven't called me back, but their website says they have a year-long waiting list.

Nanny share anyone??

I just found Smarter Toddler the other night too - it does look very cute. I emailed them for their packet but haven't heard anything. I agree though, the price is frightening. I've also found the Montessori related daycares up in the 90s (there are a few locations), but I think they were even more and only go Sep - Jun. I'm beginning to think a nanny/nanny share may be the way to go too, but again, not even sure where to start.

• Definitely don't count on Smarter Toddler. I emailed them in November, literally a week after finding out I was pregnant (due end of June), and they said they already had a waiting list for September entry. I sent back the forms and have heard nothing since.
  • Ugh, so annoying about Smarter Toddler, although it's out of our price range anyway.

To be honest I don't exactly know what a nanny share is, LOL. I think it can be when you split the days of the week, but possibly could be that the nanny takes care of more than one child?

Are you ladies planning on going back to work full time? I am, but ideally would like to do part-time.

• imageCityGirl07:

Ugh, so annoying about Smarter Toddler, although it's out of our price range anyway.

To be honest I don't exactly know what a nanny share is, LOL. I think it can be when you split the days of the week, but possibly could be that the nanny takes care of more than one child?

Are you ladies planning on going back to work full time? I am, but ideally would like to do part-time.

I'm quitting because of the cost of daycare for one year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"