Michigan Babies

Hello! Anyone use Anita Avery for OB?

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies
Hi! I had Anita Avery for a doctor and wondered what people thought of her, since my experience wasn't very great.

Re: Hello! Anyone use Anita Avery for OB?

• Dr Avery Delivered my daughter in 2008 since she was the doctor on call when I was in labor, she showed up ten mins before, caught the baby, stitched me up was gone. so whatever on that I guess, but luckily my nurse at St. Mary's was AWESOME!  

I did see Dr. Avery for one or two of my prenatal  appointments, but I liked Dr. Hickner, Dr. Burns and Dr. Leahy better. :-) I recommend Leahy if you prefer a woman doctor. 

• I had a horrible experience with her and while in labor, no one would tell me anything... they could have cared less... I was just another patient to them... until things went drastically wrong.  Then everything and everyone changed.  I refuse to go to Saint Mary's anymore.  I don't mean to be dramatic, but in a sense I do.  NOT happy.  I saw Hickner, Burns and Leahy too.  Pretty much everyone saw me in the hospital after I had my son.  Anyways.  I really could go on and on...
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I use Dr. Avery as an OB and adore her!  I'm 23 weeks pregnant and have enjoyed seeing her for all my appointments.  My good friend just had a baby just over a week ago and Dr. Avery delivered for her and it was a great experience.
  • I am glad your experience is going well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"