D.C. Area Babies
Options

Shady Grove Fertility Clinic

I posted on the TTC board, but thought I would give the local one a try too. Does anyone use Shady Grove Fertility Clinic? I've had some blood work and testing, but I haven't met with the doctor yet to decide a treatment plan. Has anyone used the clinic in Rockville? How do you like the doctors? Which doctor do you recommend? TIA
Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Re: Shady Grove Fertility Clinic

• Options
    I did and have a 2 1/2 year old to prove it. I went straight to IVF and got pregnant on the first try. The procedures are all done in Rockville but monitoring can be done wherever you want. I went to Dr. Widra in GTown and he was amazing but I have heard all the Drs. are good. The Rockville clinic is really nice and the staff was amazing. Good luck. - LH
  • Options
    Glad to hear it. I'm just a little anxious. My appointment is with Dr. Sagoskin. Does your insurance cover everything? I don't have any IF coverage, but am due to switch at work in January. Any suggestions? Thanks again
    Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know quite a few people who have used their services and are currently pg or have little ones to show for it.  :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know that particular doc, but there are many happy SGFC mommies on here (including me!)  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Thanks again. I'm hearing a lot of good things!
  • Options
    I used SG to conceive all of my children through IUI w/injectibles. ?I primarily went to the Fair Oaks or Annandale offices but all IUIs were done at Rockville for me since my cycle fell on the weekend. ?All doctors, nurses, and other staff I met were wonderful. ?My primary RE was Dr. Browne. ?She was great!! ?Good luck!!!
  • Options

I used SGFC and had great luck (first try with an IUI and injectibles).  They are great.  I mostly went to the Annandale office for monitoring etc. (assigned to Dr. Garde), Rockville for the HSG, and the downtown office for the actual IUI (only because of scheduling issues).  Our insurance does not cover any fertility treatment, only diagnosis (and we had to appeal the diagnosis claims to get them to pay, which was a royal PITA).  Luckily, fertility treatment is covered/applicable for Flexible Spending Accounts, which we are taking advantage of for the tax savings. 

Also, SG is really good about giving you price schedules, helping to figure out what insurance covers, etc. and if it takes more than one cycle, the cost per cycle actually goes down.  From what I hear, compared to other practices and other cities, SG's prices are pretty good all considering.

Good luck!

• Options

I'm another Shady Grove success story.  It's a great clinic though it is big and busy.  You might feel like it is sort of impersonal, but in the end what matters is their success rates, and they're very good.

One thing I want to tell you on the financial side -- if your insurance does not cover 100% of IF treatments, which few plans do, make sure to put money into your flex spending account!!  That's how I paid for my IUIs and it makes a real difference since the money is pre-tax, you save like 35%.  Of course it's hard to know how much to put in for something unknown like IF treatments, but I'd say at least like $2000 or so to cover a couple IUIs at minimum. 

good luck!!

Dx ovulatory dysfunction 2/08
    IUI #2 did the trick!
    Betas 5/6: 399, 5/8: 1231, 5/13: 5751!!!
    DS born Jan. 2009
  • Options
    I know everyone's experiences and expectations/needs are different, but especially since I almost exclusively went to one office, I definitely felt like I got to know the staff there.  Also, you have a nurse assigned to you who follows your progress, calls you with results, answers questions,etc.
  • Options
    I saw Dr. Levy in Rockville... he was wonderful!  My nurse was Crystal.  I don't know if you can request her, but I really liked her and she answered my emails and phone calls very quickly.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"