Pennsylvania Babies

**LClaire** (and any other experienced CDer): what swim dipes are best?

Just starting the research here, so are the following assumptions correct?

CD swim pants don't hold pee (so they don't sop up pool/ocean water and log baby down), they just trap poo.  So change right before and after baby goes swimming from and back into traditional dipes.

And sposies somehow do hold pee, as well, although they don't soak up the pool water?  How the heck is that possible?

So, what do you use, and what do you like best? 

Thanks in advance!!

Re: **LClaire** (and any other experienced CDer): what swim dipes are best?

• Just answered on the other board-- we use a OS BG liner without anything stuffed in it. He's never pooed while he's in the water so I have no idea if it would truly hold it in perfectly or not.  I would think it would be ok.

I'm pretty sure that sposies do soak up all the pool water, which would basically mean that they don't soak up pee as well b/c they're already saturated.  i have no experience though, it's just what I would assume!

• I dont have any experience with CDing but my experience with disposable swim diapers is that they barely even absorb pee, I've noticed that sometimes when I take them off of Connor, pee will leak out.  So I think they just trap the pee in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Butting in here. I don't CD, however I have used the disposable swim diapers and they do not hold the pee, they were not intended to hold the pee only poo.  When DS has water days at daycare, I was going to put on the swimpants and was told specifically that they do not hold the pee to use regular diapers under the swimming trunks/suit.

Our pool in our development will not let any baby in the "big" pool with diapers and/or swim pants, they must be potty trained to be in the "big" pool, however can wear diapers/swimpants in the baby pool.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • CD swim pants don't hold pee (so they don't sop up pool/ocean water and log baby down), they just trap poo.  So change right before and after baby goes swimming from and back into traditional dipes.

That's exactly what we do - just change them into the pants right before water and take it right off after we get out. 

And sposies somehow do hold pee, as well, although they don't soak up the pool water?  How the heck is that possible?

I think they're the same as the cloth swim diapers and that they definitely don't hold pee - i.e.  the same as cloth, you'd put them in them right before you go in water and take them off after. If they pee in them in a carseat or something you'd be in trouble! I think they probably just have the tiniest bit of the absorbent stuff that disposables have, but not enough to swell up and explode like a disposable might in a pool. 

So, what do you use, and what do you like best? 

Ditto innerpeace said, if you have an old pocket that you don't love anymore, they're a good option without any insert. If you do that, make sure you use it just for that.

The past two years we had two things for Mia - the cloth reusable swim diapers from Target that they usually have on the end caps for about $5 and the Carter's suits that come with a swim diaper bottom. Both worked well and were easy to just rinse and dry!
  • We've had the Kushies ones for my son prior to him potty training. I had really good luck with them.
  • I had planned to just use a BG's that is showing wear but I was looking at the Carter's swim shorts and they have a liner in them.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I mainly just wanted to say hello to fellow Central PA CDers :-)  I wondered over here from the EFF board and see some familiar "faces".  Hi!

We haven't used cloth swim diapers yet but my plan is to use one of our more worn pocket diapers (minus the insert of course).  I've heard that the chlorine will definitely have some negatives effects so you don't want to use any of your favorites.

I've heard good recommendations for the Imse Vimse swim diapers if you want a specific swim diaper.

Also, Ntny- some how months ago I wondered over to your blog from a long ago post and have kept following along as we share a lot of the same views and our babies are very close in age.  I just wanted to say that I enjoy it and think you do a really nice job.  Your Cayden is a cutie :-)  And reminds me of both of my big boys!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"