St. Louis Babies
Options

Where to shop for Maternity clothing?

Hi everyone- any recommendations on where to shop maternity? I've only been to Destination Maternity so far....

TIA! 

Re: Where to shop for Maternity clothing?

• Options
    Destination Maternity was the best in person place I've been. I've also had some luck with Old Navy online. Only bad thing about that is that it's so hit or miss.
  • Options
    So, Target had some stuff, but there HAS to be little maternity boutiques around!  I can't find any!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kohls always had good sales.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Got my pants from Kohls at great prices. They carry Motherhood Maternity pieces. The rest I bought from the Motherhood store. I didn't find any maternity boutiques with a real selection. 
  • Options
    I had the best luck at Burlington.
  • Options
    If you're okay with second hand, Maternity Resale on Gravois in South County has some good deals. 
  • Options

Here's what I've found so far...

Goodwill - Supposedly a good place Depends on the store and the day. My local store only had size small and 16 the day I went. I found one pair of pants in my size, but it had a stain on it.

Once Upon a Child - Great resale store!!! I found some cute tops for $6.50 - $8.50. Plus they have some extra incentives. There's at least one store in Ballwin by the Michael's & DMV, and one in Kirkwood off of Lindbergh by Plato's Closet and Hobby Lobby.

Kohl's - Small selection near me, but some cute items and there's always those coupons.

JCPenney (West County mall) - large selection near lingerie department. Had great door buster sales when I went.

Old Navy - not all locations have the maternity section. The South County mall has a section in the back.

Target - Selection depends on the store. I stopped by the Kirkwood one the other night, and didn't see many racks. The Ballwin one had a slightly larger selection. It's a bit hit or miss.

Babies 'R Us - If you're in South County at the Old Navy, there's a Babies 'R Us across the street with a maternity section. The clothes are nice but a little on the high end for what you're getting.

Ann's Bra Shop - for those hard to find larger bra sizes

Still need to scope out...

Gap

I did a search on the Motherhood Maternity website, and need to stop by Gordman's to check that out. 

Destination Maternity (West County mall) - Still need to stop by there.  

9 Months in Style - on Manchester, near Geyer - 11243 Manchester - (314) 835-9935. This came up in a Google search, with reviews mostly that it was a nice boutique, but a little on the high end.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I struggled with shopping too especially after being somewhat of a fashionista pre preggo. I luckily quit my job after the first trimester, I had to dress up in suits and panty hose, I never found any attractive "suits" in maternity.  

Old Navy in South County. It is across from the Babies R Us on Lemay Ferry. Also the location at the Mills has some maternity. I had great luck with their jeans. Plus I got things for a great price but they didn't look like maternity pants which was a huge plus. They have more selection online but I liked trying things on. If you shop online pay attention to the reviews that people give. It was very helpful because not everything fits they way you would think. Also watch return times on online items.

The Babies R Us does have some maternity, it is the same things at the Motherhood stores only crammed into 4 round racks.  

I was not thrilled with most of what I found at Motherhood/Destination. Either over priced or cheap feeling. If you buy anything there on sale it is final sale. 

The Gap Baby store at the Galleria has a maternity section in the back and I loved a lot of their tops. Especially the tee's. Again they have more selection online.

I did buy several tops at Kohl's and got great deals and they were cute enough. 

Target was disappointing but seems to have better things now that spring is here and I am due in 10 days! 

Ann Taylor Loft has maternity online but I didn't buy anything. I love their clothing but what they had for winter in maternity did not appeal to me. 

There is a boutique on Manchester in Des Peres called 9 Months in Style and I went in but did not buy anything. I was looking for a dress for the holidays. Small selection but some cute things.

A few tips I can give you as far as making non maternity things work. I wore a lot of cardigans with Old Navy tanks under them (not maternity) I also bought the be bands at Target to make my jeans last as long as possible. They also helped keep my maternity jeans with the under belly stay up. (I really hate these types of pants because no matter what stage of pregnancy I was in they would slide down.) Target also sells a be band tank that is ruched on the sides that I loved to layer under sweaters and tanks. 

I was way more comfortable in more fitted items with the gathering on the sides than tent like tops. I felt huge in them and I hate all the tops with the bow tie in the back because they dig into my back when sitting in a chair.  

I was a pre pregnancy 12-14 and started out very discouraged about the fit of the maternity clothing but then realized I was buying some things too big. I did go up a size in the last trimester in one style of my Old Navy jeans but I have a lot of swelling in my legs and feet. Since I only paid $15-$20 a pair I had no problem buying a size up. 

I bought a lot of basics and accessorized with inexpensive jewelry and scarves to change the look. You can spend a small fortune on your wardrobe or buy basics and a few special pieces. 

For a summer pregnancy I would just live in dresses but I am a girly girl!

Good Luck and happy shopping!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really only did Target and Old Navy. Target has a huge selection now (at least at the Kirkwood one) and they have a new celebrity designer too.
  • Options
    Whew! AbFab fashion advice Fashiongal! I'm SO not a girly girl but pregnancy has definitely made me a bit girly-er LOL. I too was/am a 12-14 pre-pregnancy and am anticipating how large i'll get! So far I'm not showing @ 14wks and don't think I will for a bit b/c my uterus is retroverted. I was wondering as far as jeans go, I refuse to even think about purchasing those maternity jeans... Is there a good substitute? Like, could I wear my favorite jeans with a bella band or something well into my 3rd trimester? (finger-crossed *wink*)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"