3rd Trimester
Options

Who drinks coffee?

I have had a cup of coffee almost every morning since around 18 weeks. Does anyone else drink coffee? I feel a little guilty about, even though they say its ok!

Re: Who drinks coffee?

• Options
    One cup every single day and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it.  I looooove it!
  • Options
    I've never liked coffee, but I drink a lot of diet coke. I do feel guilty sometimes, but not enough to stop drinking it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the smell of it, but cant gag it down! Everything I have read says that one a day is fine. I drink pop sometimes and dont feel bad about it.
  • Options

I gave up my coffee for now but I've had soda pretty much daily since 25 wks.. dr.pepper, pepsi..I trrryyy to stick to the caffeine free but doesnt always happen..

I got a starbucks card for my shower too with a BRU one (Something for me, and something for her they said) and I will be probably using them before LO arrives :3 I just try to limit it to one a day..

• Options
    I do . .. not every day, but I still do drink it.  I feel guilty too, but I start at 5:45 am . . . sometimes I need a little pick me up.
  • Options
    I have my one cup of coffee every morning with lots of cream and don't feel guilty at all.
  • Options
    Yup, one cup a day (kind of a large "cup" though).
  • Options
    I do, not every day, but there are days when I know I have a long day of school and work ahead of me and I need that pick-me-up. I feel a little guilty, but I try to keep it under control.
  • Options
    I was so careful with my first pregnancy. Maybe had a small coke at lunch or something. This time around, as a work-at-home mom of an active 2-year-old who does not nap well......I need coffee in the morning. I asked my doctor at the first appointment. She was about 8 months pregnant and we were in her office after the exam. When I asked if caffeine was OK, she pointed to her coffee mug and said "that's not orange juice!"
  • Options
    I have about 2 cups a wk.  My dr. said up to 8 oz of caffeine daily is ok
  • Options
    I didn't drink it early on because I had too much morning sickness, ect.  but the 2nd trimester I started up again.  I either have a coffee drink or a caffeine soda once a day.  That's normally all I drink anyway. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    In first tri coffee would make me super super sick so I had to kick the habit (I was drinking around 5-10 cups a day, I hated my job this was how I coped). I was sick for so long that now when I drink any caffeine if makes my heart race and I get light headed. I did have some decaf coffee the other day and it made me feel like a new women. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up my habit after LO is here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I drink not a lot of coffee or soda a day. I have between 2-4 sodas a day and sometimes a cup of coffee or a frap from starbucks (starbucks is my best friend! Born and raised in Seattle!). I try to limit myself to only about 200-300 mg per day. Which a can of soda has like 35 mg of caffeine.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I drink some once in a while... I actually did not much soda before I was pregnant, but lately I've been wanting it so bad.. I have a couple of cans a week... Don't feel guilty!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    every morning, and i don't feel guilty.  i was told 1 cup was fine, and without it i was falling asleep at my desk by 1 in the afternoon!
  • Options
    i don't drink coffee, but i do have a glass of caffeinated tea once a day and i don't feel bad about it :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a half caff coffee every morning most of first tri and all of second.  I only stopped because I started having a ton of BH's after drinking it.
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options

I'm too afraid to drink straight up coffee. I just started drinking de-caf this week and that was on Tuesday and then today. DH says not to worry about it b.c its decaf but it still worries me. I can't even bring myself to drink Pepsi or Mountain Dew when DH is drinking one. Just too much of a chicken.

But I'm sure you're okay. Most OB's allow a certain amount each day. My OB on the other hand hasn't mentioned anything, nor have I asked so that's probably why.

• Options
    I used to drink it a couple times a week,but the caffeine gave me such bad gut rot it made my m/s worse, so I had to stop
  • Options
    You can have up to 300 milligrams a day, and the only real threat is during the first tri.
  • Options

imageK&K ~070809~:
    I have my one cup of coffee every morning with lots of cream and don't feel guilty at all.

Ditto!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    I have never been much of a coffee drinker, I prefer iced tea (which I have a couple times a day) but I got a latte this morning and it was delicious AND it gave me a much needed... push... in the constipation department!
  • Options
    I figure I am 6 days from my due date. . .why the heck not?! lol Actually, I've been drinking 2-5 cups a week since the beginning of 3rd tri. Before then, the smell was too strong.
  • Options
    Mrs.VMrs.V member
    I drink it every day!
  • Options
    I have one rather large cup every day. I never feel guilty about it! I cut caffeine out completly in the 1st tri, but that's all the longer it lasted.
  • Options
    I cut down from a daily medium cup to a daily small cup right away when i found out I was pregnant. I tried going a day here or there without any coffee, but I had really bad withdrawal headaches. I figured the small coffee couldn't be any worse than the continuous Tylenol I had to take when I didn't have any caffiene.
  • Options

My third pregnancy---and I always have a cup a day after m/s ends...(20 weeks or so). 

No guilty feelings here!

• Options

I LOOOOVE coffee...couldn't stomach it in the 1st tri with m/s but since about 20 weeks I've had 1-2 cups a day.  My Dr said 300mg of caffeine was the daily limit and 2 cups is way below that, so I'm not the least bit worried or feeling guilty!

• Options

I do thought I find I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I use too. At work, I will go with the 1/2 caf 1/2 decaf.  I have switched from regular tea to decaf tea (and I use that to make my own ice tea).  My big vice is- occasionally I drink a lot of diet coke.

I think the biggest issue is the potential for dehydration...

• Options
    One 10 oz. cup per day since week 13...no guilt here!
  • Options

imageGinEthansMom:
    One cup every single day and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it.  I looooove it!

This.  Sometimes I'll have a Diet Pepsi later in the day too (only 35 mg of caffeine).  But I drink a ton of water throughout the day so I don't feel too badly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"