LGBT Parenting
Options

Hello from the Hosptial!

I'm a mom! I can't really describe the million and one emotions I've felt the last few days.  At somepoint I'll write up the long version for those that are interested but here's the short version:

Went to hospital at 5:30 to start induction.  Received cervidil at 7:00ish to help the cervix finish ripening and was supposed to get Pitocin the next a.m.  Well the cervidil started my contracts and within an hour I was 4cm dilated.  ::lots of details I'll type out eventually:: by 3:30am I was 9cm, by 5:30 I was pushing and two hours later she was out.

So from start to finish it was a 12 hour labor. Much faster than I expected and overall a wonderful experience.  The pushing was probably the longest part but of course she did turn out to be 10lbs 8 oz!! 

Dude - I knew I was all belly but I didn't the the entire belly was baby! lol!

So my sweet baby girl is having her hearing checked, K is resting in the hospital bed, and I here I am stopping by to say hi. xo! ~J

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello from the Hosptial!

• Options

Congrats mommy!!! I'm so so so glad to hear it was a wonderful experience.

Cant wait to see pics....and know her name!! :)

• Options

I'm so glad you checked in with us! Congrats. I'm so happy for you and K. Sounds like you had a great birth experience!

Oh, and I'm with CT. I can't wait to see pics and know her name!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    Wow, 10lbs 8 oz??? You go, mama!!!  Congratulations on your baby girl!!  So glad to hear that everyone is doing well!  Can't wait to hear/see more!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Congrats mommy!! so excited that everyone is healthy, can't wait to see pics!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so glad things went well.

I am with everyone else, pictures and name pretty please. Don't make me fly up there, LOL!

Congratulations Mommy!

• Options

I just came over to check on you.  Congrats!!!  10 lbs 8 oz - OMG!!!!  You are a rockstar!

Congrats to you and K!!!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so happy to hear it was a good experience for you! That is wonderful. Congratulations on being a mom!! Enjoy those first newborn days and take lots of pictures-- they grow up so fast!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

I can't believe you managed a 10 1/2lb baby with out a c section! Good for you!

I want to know her name too!

congratulations again and enjoy the newborn time. Before you know it your daughter will be unrolling a whole roll of paper towels across the living room too ( which I am now off to put a stop to)

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations again Two! It sounds like you had an amazing birth experience and are enjoying these first few days as a mom!

I will echo the chorus of "can't wait to hear/see more"!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that is a lot of baby!!!  Congratulations!!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wowza, I'm glad you are doing well! I can't wait to hear more and know her name!
  • Options
    I'am so glad your doing good and can't wait see pics.
  • Options
    YAHOOO! Congratulations!  Pics, pics, pics, please!
  • Options
    I need to echo what everyone else is saying!  :Pictures! Name!, the work!  We want to see it!  BTW: CONGRATS!!  She beat Mikhail's birth weight! Wow! (Mikhail was 9# 14 oz at birth by c-section)  We're happy for you and K!  Keep up the wonderfulness of enjoying each moment with your little one! 
  • Options
    Hooray!  Guess the brownies didn't do it but glad to hear she came out A-OK!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"