3rd Trimester

when did 3rd trimester wipe you out?

So i really thought that the 3rd trimester was going to be far worse than the 2nd trimester.  But it actually hasn't been that bad.  I am still sore and achy (and maybe i have just gotten use to that) and I am definately moving slower.  But I can still do everything I use to do yard work, cleaning, lifting things etc (just maybe not as much of it).  The only thing i do have is a little bit of swelling in the feet at the end of the day if it has been hot out.

I was just wondering when everyone started to feel wiped out in the third trimester?  Is it just the last month when swelling and everything takes over?  Or is it possible that I will stay like this till the end?

Re: when did 3rd trimester wipe you out?

• I felt great up until Tuesday of this week when I started having horrid back pain, plus it got into the 80's here so I'm just a hot, uncomfortable mess.

• i am always wiped out bc of DS, but I can do most things. I am starting to get big and so bending isnt fun, and im tired, but im fine. Last time I was DONE at 37 wks. i had ds at 39.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt really uncomfortable from weeks 31-33 but the baby must have switched positions or something because I have felt great lately.
  • I'm still very comfortable, but at 33 weeks I noticed that I've been absolutely exhausted once I'm out of work.  I've been napping a lot more lately!!
  • about a day or so ago.  I am starting to feel reallllly big and moving slower.  I grunt trying to get in and out of the car. 
  • i have been lying down almost every afternoon when i put dd down for a nap since 35 weeks.  my energy level is so low with this pg!

• With my first pregnancy, I never got to that worn down feeling. I was as active and up and around as I was in the beginning. But, this pregnancy has hit me a little harder. I would say the beginning of this week is when it really hit me. I feel like I could sleep for days and not wake up once. I don't have problems with swelling though, so no input there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Erica & Justin
    Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Around last week I think..it's been off and on since I hit third tri but its become worse recently.. I'm on bedrest and light activity and if I walk around or move too long I start getting these period like cramps which suck.. Also getting out of bed has become death, I cant put my shoes on standing anymore ;) and I swear I totally pulled some muscles getting off the toilet too fast the other day all these stabby pains..Not working till after LO so just taking it easy now..
  • I first noticed my 2nd tri energy levels decreasing around 28 weeks, but I still felt pretty good at that point.  Ever since 32 weeks (right around when I got carpal tunnel), I've been feeling worse and worse.  I would say last week (35 weeks) was the worst because the weather suddenly got very hot here in NYC and my extremities swelled up.  This week, it's mostly weird cramping pain (which was probably from my internal on Monday) and episodes of lightning crotch.  Per usual, carpal tunnel sucks
  • I guess I am a total lightweight.  Beginning this week (I'll be 32 weeks on Sunday) I am just DEAD at the end of the day.  I'm exhausted, my feet are swollen, and my belly aches.  Gravity is not my friend right now. 
  • I've felt wiped out the whole pregnancy. My energy never came back in the 2nd trimester, so I'm still just really really tired.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I'm starting to slow down. :(  It's def harder this time chasing after a three-year-old and working.  I'm beat.  DH has been gone on business for a week and ironically yesterday I started having some mild contractions.  I think it's time to start asking for more help.  I have the day off and wanted to take DS to the zoo today but I don't know if I can hack it! Lame.
  • imagescoutkate:
    I guess I am a total lightweight.  Beginning this week (I'll be 32 weeks on Sunday) I am just DEAD at the end of the day.  I'm exhausted, my feet are swollen, and my belly aches.  Gravity is not my friend right now. 

Exactly.  I'll be 32 weeks on Sunday, too & by the end of the workday all I want to do is nap.  Weekends are a little better though.

• I'm fine for like 5 days, then I have 2 days of discomfort, especially when I lay down.  Our L&D teacher said that the baby grows in spurts over 2-3 days every week, so once everything is settled it all gets shoved out of place and your body has to re-accommodate.  But for the most part I'm not that uncomfortable... yet.
  • I am actually ok during the day (I work full time), but by the time I get home, I want to lay around for about 30 minutes...then I am usually ok until I pass out by 10pm!
    Canon 60D: Canon 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4
  • imageDC2London:
    I was doing fine, then suddenly around 34 weeks I just tanked.  I just started feeling exhausted and achy all the time.  It happened basically overnight.

This!

• So far I still feel good!  Moving slower, of course, but I don't dread work yet, I still use the treadmill occasionally, etc.  In the past day or two my low back has started aching, but only on the left (weird) and I've had swelling since week 29, but I'm hoping to make it at least a couple more weeks before I'm miserable!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I am not totally wiped out yet, but starting the last few days I have been completely exhausted after work & needed to lay down for a while.  I am slowing way down this week.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • First pregnancy? Not really ever. I was uncomfortable, but never felt "limited" in my daily life.

Now? I can't walk up the stairs without being winded and needing to rest and a short walk around the block sends me into a fit of braxton hicks for an hour. And I already feel that bowling ball sensation in my pelvis.

It sucks. 3rd tri hit me WAY too early this time, like at 26 weeks!

• Third tri has been hit or miss with me--some days, lots of energy, some days, zero. Since about 39 weeks, though, I have been consistently exhausted, and now being past my EDD, it's pretty rough...but he will be here when he comes.
  • Today has been pretty rough so far, but overall I still feel pretty good.  The only thing I absolutely dread is when I wake up at night.  My hips ache and rolling over is actually painful.  I can't really complain though because at least I am still sleeping.  For me, 1st tri was way worse for me.  I would take the aches and exhaustion anyday over the constant nausea and sickness I had in 1st tri. 
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 36-37 weeks
  • imageecu1995:
    I am actually ok during the day (I work full time), but by the time I get home, I want to lay around for about 30 minutes...then I am usually ok until I pass out by 10pm!

This. And it goes in spurts, I had 4 or 5 really bad days but now the past coupld of days I've felt really good and had some energy return. Weird.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • About 33 weeks for me.  With DS I felt great up until the day I delivered though... I am way more tired this time.  I can make it through work OK, but once I get home I am ready for bed before dinner is even over.  I think it's just the running after the 2 year old (no naps on the weekends or sleeping in like the first time around, and the playing on the floor is killing me- I can barely stand up). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I must be old.

Because this week, I've been trying to get the spring cleanup in the garden done and what I used to be able to do in a day, I've had to spread out over a few days.  It's very frustrating.  I have things to do!!! I don't have time for this "tiring easily" nonsense.

sigh.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am 33wks2d.

this last week has really hit me. I feel like I need help to get up from the couch, out of the car, etc. I CRASH at 9 and dread getting out of bed at 7AM. I have no energy at all to do any housework or even cook dinner. My family is going to revolt if I do not get it together!

• around week 36 I noticed I was more tired but since last sat i've been extremely exhausted. Now I am really getting uncomfortable too and the BH are starting to hurt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"