Colorado Babies
Options

VBAC climate in CO...

Hi Ladies!  DH is interviewing for a transfer position in Denver this week, so I thought I'd be proactive and see what my options might be for a VBAC.  The move from Houston could happen as early as June 1st (as it looks like he will be offered the position most likely).  I just read the previous posts about OBs in Denver, so that's very helpful.  Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated!  I've also posted on the ICAN board and mothering.com as well.  TIA!!!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: VBAC climate in CO...

• Options

This board is pretty dead, but the colorado Nestie board is full of moms that talk and give advice all day. 

As for VBAC climate, it's getting better.  There are several hospitals that allow VBACs and a lot of OBs that are supportive, I don't know their names, but if you call the Moutain Midwifery Birthing Center, they aren't allowed to do VBACs, but they know which doctors do and can give you a list. 

Here's a link to the CO Nest board: https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/3230648/ShowForum.aspx.

The Big Sky Country Welcomes Us Home!
  • Options
    Thanks MT! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recently took a tour of the Exempla certified nurse midwives practice at St joe's Hospital in Denver and they have a very good VBAC rate. I thought it was very interesting. hope it helps

Heather
  • Options

I just moved from Houston to Denver (as in last weekend)!  I love it so far and I think you will too!!

Sorry, I don't have any info about VBAC in the Denver area though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagevicari5683:
    I recently took a tour of the Exempla certified nurse midwives practice at St joe's Hospital in Denver and they have a very good VBAC rate. I thought it was very interesting. hope it helps

Heather

Thanks for the rec!  I've also heard I should look into the midwives at Swedish hospital and at UC hospital, so I will add St. Joe's to my list! 

• Options
    imagebhostmeyer:

I just moved from Houston to Denver (as in last weekend)!  I love it so far and I think you will too!!

Wow!  What a small world it is indeed Smile  I'll be sure to PM you as soon as we find out our moving timeframe, but I'm assuming it's early June.  Take care!! 

BTW, how do you like Highlands Ranch so far?  Any other residential areas you would recommend?

• Options
    imagebabyike:
    imagebhostmeyer:

Wow!  What a small world it is indeed Smile  I'll be sure to PM you as soon as we find out our moving timeframe, but I'm assuming it's early June.  Take care!! 

BTW, how do you like Highlands Ranch so far?  Any other residential areas you would recommend?

I love Highlands Ranch so far.  We also looked at Parker and Castle Pines North.  These areas are all in South Denver (that's where my DH and I's jobs are).  What area of Denver are you guys thinking of moving to? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebhostmeyer:
    imagebabyike:
    imagebhostmeyer:

I love Highlands Ranch so far.  We also looked at Parker and Castle Pines North.  These areas are all in South Denver (that's where my DH and I's jobs are).  What area of Denver are you guys thinking of moving to? 

It looks like his office is in a pretty central part of downtown Denver.  We are still deciding on residential areas.  We are planning to fly up there in a couple of weeks to look at a few areas and decide on a rent house.  We want to wait until we've lived there few months before deciding which area we would like to purchase a home.  We've heard great things about Highlands Ranch, Parker, some parts of Aurora, and Cherry Creek. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"