West Virginia Babies

Charleston

Hey Ladies!

This board is pretty slow.  I am hoping we can liven it up some!  I am from Charleston and just had my first LO on February 9, 2010.  She was a very last minute planned c-section and was born 4 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia.  If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them for you!  I am hoping we can get this board a little more active!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Charleston

• Yay, I got a response!

I wasn't sure what I expected motherhood to be so I think that helped me adjust a lot.  My whole pregnancy I went through it with the attitude that I can't control everything and once she's here I won't be controlling anything!  I didn't expect some wonderful pregnancy, birth and happily ever after.  I expected it to be difficult and boy is it!  I love Ellie with all my heart and would do anything for her, but man some days I can't wait for her dad to get home so I can pass her off to him, especially when she's fussy.  Every milestone she hits is amazing, she just started smiling at us yesterday and it's the most amazing feeling ever!

I delivered at CAMC - Women's and Children's in Charleston.  I had a great experience, all of the nurses and staff were so wonderful and supportive.  I definitely recommend the hospital!

I wasn't fully diagnosed with pre-eclampsia until 36w2d and I delivered the nest day.  My blood pressure began to rise around 20 weeks and it slowly kept getting higher and higher.  I also was progressively spilling more and more protein in my urine.  Around 32 weeks it got to 170/110 and my dr. hospitalized me, they finally got my bp down and released me to partial bedrest and took me off work.  I started going to the dr. twice a week for bp checks and NST (non stress tests).  They also did growth ultrasounds and finally noticed that Ellie ahd stopped growing and at my last dr. appt. she failed her NST and barely passed her BPP so my dr. sent me to the hospital and she finally started moving but he decided it was time for her to be an outside baby so we scheduled my c-section for the next day.  He gave me the option of being induced but since I was early and had a good chance of not progressing I opted for the c-section.

How long have you been TTC, I know it can be a touchy subject if it's been a while.  Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try my best to answer them!

• I stopped checking this board since I never saw activity..only 19 of us online..
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm here too! My daughter will be 9 months in 3 days. Motherhood is definitely challenging but so rewarding too. It's good to see some other WV girls on here.
  • I am due in 3 weeks.  No problems here but will be at Women's and Children's as well because I am AMA.  I am really over this pregnancy thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello Everyone! I'm Emily from Logan, WV but my doctor is in Charleston at Women's and Children's. Hopefully this board livens up! I'm due August 28th.
  • I keep forgeting to check up on this board..But I am also going to Women's and Children's and we are hoping for a due date no earlier then the end of aug..These twins have minds of their own already!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
  • I really liked Women's and Children's.  They nurses were wonderful and I couldn't have asked for better care.

• I've never posted on here before, but will go ahead and introduce myself. We have been TTC since July 2009 and just found out yesterday that we are expecting! We couldn't be happier! I have a question for anyone in the Charleston area. Who is your doctor? Do you like him/her? Where is his/her office located? I am looking for a new doctor.

• I see Dr. David Thomas.  His office is on the 4th floor of the medical building next to Women's and Children's.  I really like him.  He is a bit dry and slow to warm up to but I have heard that he is one of the two best OB's in the Valley.  He will answer any question and not make you feel stupid.  He welcomes the husband as well.  He will give you his opinion but will not force you do do anything that you do not want to do.  He is in with Dr. Hunter and a Nurse Mid-Wife.
  • Dr. Thomas was my doctor and my sister-in-law's.  He is a bit dry but he took great care of me, especially when I ended up with preeclampsia and Ellie stopped growing.  He got her out just in time.  I highly recommend him. 

• He is dry but he does have a wicked sense of humor if you really listen.
  • Hello WV board...there's a WV board...glad to find it!!!!!
    image image
  • Im due in about 4 or 5 weeks and im also going to be delivering at Womens and Childrens. Im going to start packing my hospital bag but was wondering what you guys thought I should or should not bring. 
  • I took way more things than I needed. 

What I used mostly was my own tolietries and after a day or two I wanted my own clothes.  I had brought my laptop the night before my c-section and we never turned it on, I sent it home with my DH the next day.  They really had most of what I needed.  I also had a robe I wore all the time cause the rooms got pretty cool (but I delivered there in February).  Let me know if you have any other questions.. good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"