Colorado Babies
Options

Looking for an OBGYN in Denver Metro

Hello all, I am looking for recomendations for an OBGYN in the Denver Metro area perferably in south Denver. I am 6.5 weeks pregnant and need to schedule my first apt. I would rather take recommendations vs selecting someone random doctor and interviewing.

Thanks,

Re: Looking for an OBGYN in Denver Metro

• Options
    Hi!  I have a wonderful OBGYN that is near the cherry creek mall area.  She delivers at Rose Medical Center in Denver.  She has been my female doctor since I was 19 years old.  I don't really feel comfortable putting her info on a message board but you are welcome to contact me at my general email @ magtreephoto@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Women's Health Care associates.  All the doctors and staff are female. They are very compassionate and professional.  I delivered my first baby 6 weeks ago.  Dr. Abarca was on during my labor and when Dr. Snyder come on at shift change she didn't leave and continued to see us through the delivery.  Dr. Snyder stayed and coached me to the finale.  They have 2 offices - one at Swedish Hospital and one at Littleton hospital.  www.whcawomencaringforwomen.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
       I use Womens Health Care Associates. They have an office in englewood and littleton, and delivery at 3 different hospitals. It's a group, and I prefer Dr's Abbarca, and Abmen. The entire staff is very pleasant and understanding, and the MD's are very knowledgable. I went to them after leaving Mile High OBGYN.... what ever you do STAY AWAY from them!!! I wouldn't trust them to water my plants!
  • Options
    I would say it depends on what type of labor experience you want to have. I personally wanted a midwife focused delivery and one that was open to natural/alternative forms of medicine. Due to the I selected St. Anthony's Central since they have a well established midwife program and are open to doulas etc.. Plus you are still early in the pregnancy so you do  have time to switch Docs if you are not comfortable with the practice that you chose.
  • Options
    Hi!  I am also 6.5 weeks pregnant and live in the South Denver area.  I have done a ton of research on the South Denver docs and found a woman/practice that sounds perfect!  I have an appointment with Dr. Asela Russell at the Women's Health Clinc.  They work out of Skyridge and Rose.  Hope this helps?
  • Options
    Women's Healthcare Associates was recommended to me on this board. I've had a very good experience with them. Be aware there are 6 doctors there though and any one of them could deliver you. I made it a point to try and schedule my appointments with all of them. The only one I didn't meet ended up delivering my son. She was wonderful though. My personal favorites are Dr. Abarca, Ashbeck and Bubier. I also really like Kathy Plummer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now.  Initially I was going to Women's Health Care Associates but I only met with a doctor once of the 4 times I went. The physician assistants were nice, but seemed very rushed and I just think I would feel more comfortable with a doctor.  I didn't think they were a good fit for me. I'm now seeing Dr. Diana Baca.  She is super sweet and personable and caring. She has one partner, Dr. Wolf and they both promise that you will always see your own doctor for every scheduled appointment.  I love it!  I know every time I go in, I will see her.  Her office is at Littleton Adeventist Hospital but I think she has another office by Kipling too.  I definitely recommend her. here is her website - https://www.chatfieldwomenscare.com/. hope this helps! good luck!
  • Options

I used WHCA and I can say all of the doctor's are nice and I love the Swedish office but I ended up delivering with the one doctor I hadn't had an appointment with. She was nice but I hated the constant rotations of different doctors and new nursing staff at Littleton. My next baby we're going with the midwife Diana Buckwalter at South Denver OBGYN for a more personal experience. I really wish I had had one doctor or one midwife for my first pregnancy instead of a group practice.

"I can resist anything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I go to Denver Evergreen OBGYN. They have 3 doctors and a few nurse midwives but only the doctors deliver the babies. Ive met all the Dr's and they are very nice. You can just google Denver Evergree OBGYN, they are in the Cherry Creek-ish area very close to the Target on Colorado Blvd.
  • Options

I used the midwives at Mountain Midwifery in south Denver, techincally Englewood.  It is the only birthing center in the state.  I could not have a higher reccomendation for a wonderful, peaceful, natural prenatal care and birth.  If you haven't thought about a midwife, reconsider and check them out.  They have informative meetings with a tour so you can go and see if it might be for you.

www.mountainmidwifery.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"