Maryland Babies
Options

Venting--Mastitus AGAIN

It sucks. I felt terrible yesterday and the right side was really sore. Today I don't feel that bad but the left side is still sore and really red. I've been pumping that side more but not much is coming out, I guess because it's clogged. I wonder if my doctor will make me come in or will he just give me the prescription? Ugh!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Venting--Mastitus AGAIN

• Options

I am sorry, that is terrible, especially since you have been doing it for a while. I feel like it unfair to have breastfeeding problems past the beginning. Isn't it supposed to be easy once you get the hang of it ;)? When did you have it before? I hope your Dr. can just write you a prescription.

I had thrush in the beginning and it was awful, but have managed to be mastitus free so far. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got it right before the snow storm, so I guess that was back in February. I want to stop pumping soon but I'm scared this will keep happening.

I think my pump might not be as effective as it used to be--is that possible??- and that might be the cause.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't pump often, but I know mine is stronger when it is plugged in vs. using batteries.

I am not sure if they lose power over time, but it seems possible. 

• Options
    Sorry to hear about that...I had mastitis the first week and it was awful!  I hope it goes away soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I've had it twice, it's awful.  I basically lived with a heating pad on my boob and pumped almost every 30 minutes on the highest setting while heating and massaging the spot and drinking tons of water.  I hope it goes away soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Major hugs!  Pump parts can wear out over time.  So maybe that is the problem.  Are you wearing underwire bras?
  • Options

imageanonsouthernbell:
    Major hugs!  Pump parts can wear out over time.  So maybe that is the problem.  Are you wearing underwire bras?

Thank you! It's actually getting a lot better. I drank a ton of water and pumped a ton on that side, and got a lot of sleep. No, not wearing underwire bras.

I wouldn't be surprised if my pump is wearing down--I've been EPing for 12 months!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"