Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Posterior cervix?

I'm posting form third tri because I think you ladies might have a better perspective on this.

I had my doctor's appointment today and the baby's head is really low at +1 (yay!). The problem is my cervix. It's really up high and the doctor couldn't even reach it today to check dilation. This really concerns me because I know it's pressure from the head that dilates you and brings on labor.

My question is: Have any of you had this problem and did it resolve itself during or before labor? I'm being induced on Thursday and I'm wondering if I'm doomed for failure by my own body.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Posterior cervix?

• Options
    I did have this.  I was also induced and my cervix was still really high until I was like 8 centimeters.  If it makes you feel better, my induction went really quickly and I had a natural birth so don't get too concerned about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelrkernick:
    I did have this.  I was also induced and my cervix was still really high until I was like 8 centimeters.  If it makes you feel better, my induction went really quickly and I had a natural birth so don't get too concerned about it.

Thanks! I just think I'm overthinking things a little bit. First time mom jitters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. Mine was high until my water broke at 6cm. I had an epi so I did push for 2 hours but it went by fast.
  • Options
    imageAknight1986:

imagelrkernick:

Thanks! I just think I'm overthinking things a little bit. First time mom jitters.

I was really worried about it and secretly thought I was going to wind up with a csection because of it so I totally understand...that's why I had to reply!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"