Orange County Babies

Anyone have experience with the following pediatricians?

Blumberg, Andrew M., M.D.

Irvine Pediatrics:

Downes, Maureen C., M.D.

Galang-Lomboy, Mary Anne D., M.D

Gan-Yong, Elaine A., M.D.

Sharma, Annu G., M.D.

Tse, Peggy P., M.D.

Wang, Chih-kuan L., M.D.

Winkler, Danielle M., M.D.

Re: Anyone have experience with the following pediatricians?

• I have heard the same feedback from a lot of people regarding Irvine pediatrics:

Great doctors, disorganized staff.  People seem really happy with their actual physician, but get very frustrated with the staff.  They find the receptionists and nurses to be less than helpful and not good about returning phone calss.

If you're looking for a good group in the area, check out Pediatric and Adult Medicine www.pam4kids.com  They are in Tustin and we're really happy there.

• Dr Tse visited us at the hospital (Hoag) after I delivered and I was really impressed with her and would definitely have chosen to see her had I wanted to go to Irvine Pediatrics. I toured the location before baby was born and my husband and I agreed immediately that it wasn't the place for us. It's not convenient when you have a newborn (parking/up elevators, etc.) and the place just looks gloomy. Plus the Dr/nurse that did the tour were sloppy and laughed at the thought that people still wanted to do an alternative vaccine schedule any more. Plus, they crammed us into the tour/open house and made us feel like just a number. But that's just my opinion. I did think Dr. Tse was really nice, competent, and a great doctor. I just didn't like their office, etc. but only from touring the open house...

Instead, we had already decided on Dr. Thomas Lin at IrvineKidsMD off of Barranca (near the Woodbridge). He has us on a alternative vaccine schedule which is what we really wanted for our little guy.Plus the office is bright and cheery, faces a small children's play area, near all sorts of "kid"-related stores, kids' tutoring, kids' haircut store, kids' piano and art classes, etc.

Now that little one is over a year, I have to save that we LOVE Dr. Lin and wouldn't go to any other ped for boy or girl. He is a wonderful caring doctor and even my baby wants to be held by him each time we visit. Do a consult with him and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • ditto Pediatric and Adult medicine.  Our primary ped. is Dr DangVu.
  • Ditto what kchao said.  We go to Irvine Peds and see Dr. Tse.  We love her, but, I absolutely hate the staff.  Rude, not helpful, nothing to make you feel welcome.  Plus, they suck at calling you back and it's never the doctor calling - always the nurse.  It has gotten worse over the years.  So much so we are thinking of switching.  But we've seen a lot of the doctors there and they have all been great.  Dr. Tse did let us do an alternative vaccine plan. 
  • We go to Irvine Pediatrics and see Dr. Downes.  I agree that the staff that makes appointments and such is not great.  However, there are things I really like about this place that others didn't have.  First of all, they have great hours and availability.  They have an 8:00-9:00 am walk in hour every day for sick kids and also on Saturday from 8-12.  Second, they have an RN on staff that is the one to call you back when you leave a non-urgent message (most places don't have a nurse).  When I've called, she's called me back the same day.  My baby hasn't been ill yet (Thank God), so I can't speak to how they are when you have a sick baby, but so far, we've been happy with them.  I've also called the after-hours number on a Saturday night, and they called us back within an hour and were very nice.  

We also really like Dr. Downes. She's not a dr. you want if you're into "alternative" stuff, like altered vaccine schedules.  She'll do it, but she doesn't agree with it.  Hope this helps. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"