Success after IF
Options

damn craigslist cheapskates! (vent)

I've sold baby stuff of craigslist a number of times before and people have always paid my asking price without issue.  But today all I'm getting are cheapskates! 

An unopened, NIB case of Pampers Cruisers (120 diapers) that I wanted $25 for.  Bargain, right?  Not so says the woman who offered me $15.  (They're like $35-$40 new!  And they're unopened!)

19 items of curent season clothing, more than half of which is unworn and about half of those NWT.  All name brands - Gymboree, Janie and Jack, TCP, Baby Gap and all in great condition.  I'm asking $50.  Someone just offered me $25.  I'm getting irritated and insulted.  I don't mind haggling - $40 would be reasonable.  But to offer half the asking price, when the asking price is already pretty fair?  Sh!tty.

Grrr. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Amber
TTC since March '06
MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
My IF Blog: Between the Lines
My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama

Re: damn craigslist cheapskates! (vent)

• Options

I'd just put "prices fair and firm, thanks!" and you won't get a haggle.

I've been getting a TON of spam stuff - just asking if the item is still avail and then IF I answer I get bombed with sluts. lol.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    imageDavezWife:

I'd just put "prices fair and firm, thanks!" and you won't get a haggle.

I've been getting a TON of spam stuff - just asking if the item is still avail and then IF I answer I get bombed with sluts. lol.

I'd rather sluts than low-ball offers!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I'm selling something I put in the actual price I want and I respond to ads that are selling for the price I want to pay.  I can't believe how annoying some people are!

Can I add another Craigslist vent?  I only look at ads that have pictures included.  Now everyone is including a link or picture of the merchandise new from some retail website.  I KNOW what a brand new snap and go stroller looks like.  I want to SEE what you've done to the one you're selling!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDochas:

Can I add another Craigslist vent?  I only look at ads that have pictures included.  Now everyone is including a link or picture of the merchandise new from some retail website.  I KNOW what a brand new snap and go stroller looks like.  I want to SEE what you've done to the one you're selling!

Generally I completely agree.  However, to the woman who wanted a picture of the diapers - give me a break.  They're diapers.  In a box.  You really need a pic?

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
  • Options
    UGH I know. I am selling a walker on craigslist right now that I bought when we got here to Ohio. It's pretty much brand new, Trig never used it. I am getting weird replies for job offers. Ugh.
  • Options
    imagesomethingchangd:
    imageDochas:

Generally I completely agree.  However, to the woman who wanted a picture of the diapers - give me a break.  They're diapers.  In a box.  You really need a pic?

Ooh, I forgot that part when I started my own rant!  A new, unopened box of anything doesn't need a special picture.  I completely agree!!!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"