Babies: 9 - 12 Months

XP: Question about Baby Food

I posted this over on the August 2010 board, but thought there might be some advice over here, too. 

DH and I went to BBB today to start our registry (didn't get much on it just yet), and I saw this one gadget that seems quite helpful - this is an example of one, where it can steam and puree the food all in the same gadget.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&BRN=1&SKU=15559063&RN=7175&

For those of you who are second-time moms or have had some experience making your own food, did you have a gadget like this, or did you just your own food processor?  Just curious before registering for something that might be redundant.  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          

Re: XP: Question about Baby Food

• I have the Beaba Babycook and love it. I had a food processor that I could have used, but it was just a mini-one (even smaller than the babycook) and I wanted something that would do all-in-one. It IS pricey, but I got it as a gift. I don't know if I would have paid for it otherwise, but I DO love it (actually, it's steaming food right now!)

I would definitely throw it on the registry! 

• I dont think it's nessicairy. I know people who use it and say it's great, but it's small and very expensive.

I just steam my veggies or roast them and then puree them in a blender. I can do huge batches to last up to a month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Beaba babycook and use it all the time.  I love it.  Bought it when my son was about 4-5 months old.  He's 7 months now and I use it a couple of times a week.  I make all of his food.  You'll love it!  GL!
  • imageKrystalD7:

I dont think it's nessicairy. I know people who use it and say it's great, but it's small and very expensive.

I just steam my veggies or roast them and then puree them in a blender. I can do huge batches to last up to a month.

this. i just use my blender.  works great and i didn't have to buy anything since i already had it.

• That's my one thought about even registering for something like this - I have a blender and a food processor, so it almost seems silly to have something that does the same thing.

How do you steam your food?  I don't have a food steamer...

• imagesophabelle:
    imageKrystalD7:

I dont think it's nessicairy. I know people who use it and say it's great, but it's small and very expensive.

this. i just use my blender.  works great and i didn't have to buy anything since i already had it.

Yup, this. Any more Hannah doesn't want baby food, she wants small peices of mine.

• i don't have a steamer either.  i either boil it until very soft,  roast veggies in the oven, or sometimes the frozen veggies are already in a microwavable steam bag so i just steam in the microwave.

• I almost bought it- but glad I didn't waste the money. I just use our Cuisanart blender and it works fine.
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKrystalD7:

Thanks a ton for these resources, and thanks everyone for your thoughts.  Not going to waste a registry item on this one...

• I highly recommend a stick blender for pureeing steamed or roasted food. You don't have to scrape the sides of the blender or food processor, and it's so easy to clean.
  • imagealibabbbs:
    I highly recommend a stick blender for pureeing steamed or roasted food. You don't have to scrape the sides of the blender or food processor, and it's so easy to clean.

A stick blender?  Is that like an immersion blender?

• I have a simple Rice cooker that I picked up at target for $12 & my big food processor for big batches but I also have a little food processor that I would use for single size jobs ( like peaches  or something I would be giving him right away) 
  • imagechickpea912:

imagealibabbbs:
    I highly recommend a stick blender for pureeing steamed or roasted food. You don't have to scrape the sides of the blender or food processor, and it's so easy to clean.

A stick blender?  Is that like an immersion blender?

One and the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"