New York Babies

Any great maternity clothes stores in NYC?

I am in desperate need of maternity clothes- I have been to Destination Maternity and Belly Dance. Have you discovered any great stores? I have ordered a few things online from Gap and Old Navy but I really need some work appropriate gear. Thank you for any suggestions!

Re: Any great maternity clothes stores in NYC?

• Hi ~ Believe it or not, the best maternity clothes I found were not maternity clothes at all. I purchased a lot of work apparel from Banana Republic in size L and XL - I will be 37 weeks this Wed and can still fit into my XL woven tops! I looked for long tops that would cover the belly, also for wrap dresses which will be great now that it's getting warmer... I found that this gave me more bang for my buck because maternity clothing can be very expensive and the quality I was seeing was not good... You will however have to invest in a good pair of jeans or slacks - but other than that you can buy skirts that hit your hip line... I have lived in dresses and knit skirts most of my pregnancy. Target has great leggings from Assets (done by Spanx for Target) for $18 bucks - you can wear these with anything... hope this helps! Happy Shopping...
  • Thanks- I really appreacitae your response! You must be getting so excited to meet your little one! Good luck and best wishes!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Rosie Pope in the 90s on madison has some nice things but they are a little pricy.  H&M on 86th st has maternity and really cute baby clothes too.

Good luck!

• Have you checked out Clementine in the East Village?  They have some gently worn maternity clothes.  I just started my second trimester so am in a weird my clothes are too tight / but maternity clothes are too big stage.  I wound up ordering a bunch of stuff online from Gap and Old Navy, but for more work type clothes I just went to Loehmann's and bought some looser fitted tops. I also bought a few dressed at destination maternity - but they can be pricey there.   Also, for pants, I have been able to just buy a few extra pants in a size bigger.  Good luck!  I'd love to hear what people say for the 3rd trimester. 
  • in Brooklyn, bump boutique is very cute.  it's on bergen and flatbush. it's kind of belly dance-ish but maybe more trendy.

• JC Penney has some clothes. I havent been yet but Macy's in Herald Sq supposed to have some too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"