San Diego Babies

San Diego Babymoon - Help Needed

Hi ladies!  DH and I are thinking of taking a quick 3-night babymoon trip to San Diego in May or June.  We want to just hang out on the beach, possibly visit the zoo/sea world and just have a really relaxing trip.

Any suggestions on where to stay, what beach to go to, where to eat, what to do?  TIA!

Re: San Diego Babymoon - Help Needed

• Thanks so much!!  I should have just asked on the August board lol!  DH found a 4 star hotel by the airport for an awesome price on hotwire, would this be a good area to stay in?  We'll have a rental car.   

• I wouldn't choose to stay by the airport...not close to the beach at all and just not the best of San Diego.  I agree with the previous poster, Coronado at The Del would be great.  La Jolla is another option.  Beautiful beaches, great restaurants and shopping.   My husband and I stayed at The La Jolla Inn the night of our wedding.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • The difficult thing about Hotwire is that you don't find out the name of the hotel until after you make your purchase - you just go off of the star ratings.  The hotel by the airport had a good star rating. 

DH just said that the hotel is close by "Downtown Habor".

• It could be the Sheraton which is right across the street from the airport and is on the Harbor.  That would not be a bad option. 
  • Just a word of warning about San Diego weather in May and June - we call it "May Gray" and "June Gloom."  Be prepared for really overcast mornings that tend to break up in the afternoon.  And the water is COLD!!!  But I don't like to get in any water that's less than 85 degrees - so take that for what it's worth. Wink

All of the pps have offered really good suggestions on areas to visit - downtown is really great! And I think Coronado has the best beaches.

• Thanks so much ladies!!  I'm hoping that cool weather will be a nice change from AZ weather but hopefully it won't be too gloomy the entire weekend. 
  • imagewifeyvana:

The difficult thing about Hotwire is that you don't find out the name of the hotel until after you make your purchase - you just go off of the star ratings.  The hotel by the airport had a good star rating. 

DH just said that the hotel is close by "Downtown Habor".

Have you heard of BetterBidding.com? It helps you figure out what people are paying for hotels and which hotel is which when you buy through Hotwire or Priceline.  You should look at it and see if that will help you narrow down your choices.

Also, a word of caution about La Pensione.  The rooms are TINY and they don't have air conditioning (not a big deal if it's not warm, but still).  It is in a great location, though, and it's definitely cheap.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"