Baby Names
Options

Help with Nicknames for Juliette...

DH absolutely loves Juliette.  I'm not really feeling any names at the moment, so I'm willing to go along with Juliette.  As a general rule, I'm not into nicknames.  Even with DD, everyone uses her full name of "Emelie." That being said, my only issue with Juliette is that people tend to think it's a mouthful and want to use a nickname and I don't like the nickname Julie.  Even after telling my mother that I can't stand that nickname, the next day she referred to the baby as Julie because she said it's so natural.  I get that it's natural, but if that's the nickname people are going to naturally gravitate towards, I'm not agreeing to Juliette.  What other nicknames could try to encourage besides Julie or Jules?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with Nicknames for Juliette...

• Options

Ha, sounds like me :). I liked a lot of names but when mentioning them to DH or relatives they would all start to come up with nicknames so I went with a name that I knew would be hard to make a nickname for :).

Anyway, my sister in law's sister is named Juliette and her whole family calls her "Ju" (pronounced like Jew). I don't like it so I always call her  by her full name but thought I'd tell you that's a possible nickname that could come. Also I have another friend named Julie and she's always called "Jules" like jewels. NMS. 

• Options
    I was just having the same discussion with DH. I LOVE Juliette, but I really dislike a person I went to school with named Julie. I never came up with a nickname that worked.

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The cutest one I've heard so far, though it's not really for mainstream use, is Jujube....like the candy.  Others just seemed too much of a stretch like Ettie, Ellie, or Lettie.  I really want to give DH his way on this because with DD#1 he gave me my way, but I just can't handle Julie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love the name, but prefer the Juliet spelling.  Jules is my favorite nn for it.  I had a friend Julie who went by Ju like a pp said.  There is a woman on the news who is called Juju, which might be cute.
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • Options

What about Liette? Or Lyette?

Said "Lee-ett"

• Options
    I would just tell people you want her called Juliette.  I have Anthony and Jackson and they have never been called Tony or Jack b/c we don't refer to them as that, so no one else does either.  I wouldn't worry about finding a nickname, you can always politely say we prefer she be called Juliette.
  • Options
    If you had a middle or last name that starts with a D you could call her JD - My name is Julie and I go by JD sometimes. Other than that, people call be Jules a lot. My parents call me Bead. I think it started with JuJube - like the candy and than somehow morphed into Bead. I kind of like it - its unique.
  • Options
    My husband and I loved Juliette earlier in the pregnancy and were calling the baby "Jet".  Its kind of cute.  In the end we decided to go with Alexandra nn "Andie" but I still love Juliette.
  • Options
    I was considering this name with a nn of Letty :)
  • Options
    Yeah that would bug me if my mom intentionally was calling her Julie... Jules works as a nn though. In my head I think Jewels - which are pretty.
  • Options
    How about Jewel or Jewels? or Letty?

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"