Nurseries and Baby Gear

How far along were you when you put crib together?

Many girls on my birth month board have already set up their cribs and putting together the nursery.  The range would be 20-24 weeks. 

I have one picked out but we haven't purchased it yet. I wasn't planning on putting it together until late May (~29 wks)  We have bedding and other nursery items already but nothing is out. 

Curious to see how far along you were when you put together the crib in the room.

Re: How far along were you when you put crib together?

• I think I was 32 weeks when we put the nursery together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The crib wasn't put together until I was about 32 weeks. But we had it since I was almost 20 weeks.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe around 30 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• we put it together as soon as we got it to make sure we had all the pieces (it's a family heirloom crib).  i think it was around 24 weeks?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it matters when you put it up.. whenever you just can't stand it anymore and have to see it all together!

I had mine already before I was pregnant, so I put it up as soon as the nursery was empty. 

• We put it together Tuesday - so I was 33 weeks.
  • We got the crib delivered and set up at about 29 weeks. We ordered the crib right after our big u/s at 18 weeks - it took 10 weeks to come in or we would have done it sooner since we had the nursery painted at about 24 weeks
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • We just put ours up last weekend...so at about 34.5 weeks. The nursery still has a LONG way to go!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We put ours together the night after we had our u/s and made sure the baby was ok.  I was about 19 weeks.  It just sat there for a few weeks...we just started painting the nursery this past weekend.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was 32 weeks.....much later than the girls on your board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't have ours yet (ordered about a month ago, but takes 8-10 weeks to deliver) - will probably put it together when it comes in, as long as the nursery is painted by then.

22 weeks now and we are in the process of gathering items and ideas for the nursery, as well as cleaning out and moving around the rooms being effected by LO.  I got some paint chips last night so we can pick a color and get that going - but we are in no rush at all.  

I think you are fine - not having started the crib yet.  I would say to maybe purchase it soon though.  We went on a whim to look at cribs and when we got there found out about the delivery time on nursery furniture - so we bought it all that day.  I never even though about the fact that I might need to wait to get my furniture, so was very glad we decided to go "look" that day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Around 22-24 weeks. I made the bedding so I had to measure the crib for my sizes, etc. Also, we had the crib for a while (bought new but when I first found out I was pregnant becuase it was on sale) so we wanted to make sure everything was there.

• We put ours together when we got it which was around 24 weeks and DH put up our mobile as well.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think it was around 25-26 weeks. We had ordered it at 20 weeks and when it came in we put it together right away (I couldn't wait, I was too excited). Pretty much the entire nursery together that weekend because I was so anxious!
  • We went to order our crib when I was 27 weeks but they had one in stock so we put it together then. 
  • My mom gave it to us as a gift, we set it up the weekend she purchased it. It was around 16 or 17 weeks or something like that.
  • We're just now getting around to starting the nursery. Paint and carpet installed last week. We'll set up the crib one of the next few weekends.
  • My mom bought us a crib when she found out we had decided to start trying and I put it together as soon as I got it. So, approximately 4 weeks before I was even pregnant. ><
  • We ordered the furniture at around 22 weeks and it came a few weeks later (2-4 week earlier than we expected). So we set it up then, I guess 24 or 25 weeks. Didn't really do a lot of work on finishing the nursery until after my showers (34 weeks) though.

• We bought ours at about 36 weeks and I'm pretty sure I was about 38 weeks when DH and my Dad put it together...
  • Our furniture was just delivered two weeks ago. They assembled everything for us as part of the delivery.
  • Well, I'm from your August board...but I have input, too!

We are purchasing ours next weekend.  We will be putting everything together, including the crib, probably Memorial Day weekend.  I'll be around 28 weeks or so.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"