Working Moms

Those with nannies

Do you pay hourly or is your nanny on salary?  Is your nanny professional or a college student? 

Care is expensive where I live...I am looking at atleast $500 a week.  Some nannies request $15 an hour, which is $600 or more per week depending on working hours. 

If you drafted a contract, where did you get it?  Or did you write it up yourself? 

Re: Those with nannies

• Well, our nanny is my sister so we have a very casual arrangement.  She tried the whole college thing but it just wasn't for her so this is her path for now.  We don't pay her much and we just give her the same amount at the end of every month no matter how much she worked.  No contract since it's a casual arrangement.  Sorry I'm not much help!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just drafted our own contract, but based it off a few that we found on different websites.   We're paying a similar amount, but I'm sharing the nanny with a neighbor in the morning.

The neighbor drops her son off at my house in the morning, and the nanny watches them both, then only my son in the afternoon.  That helps a lot with the cost, and my son has a playmate.  Working out well so far..

• Loading the player...
  • Our nanny was not really hourly, not really on salary. We paid her a minimum amount each week, which was based on standard agreed-upon hours and her requested hourly wage. Even if we used her for less time (e.g. if I picked DD up early, if DD had a doctor's appointment, if we were on vacation, if the nanny was sick, etc.). But if we needed her to come early or stay late or work 5 days one week, we paid her extra for that.

We didn't have a contract.

$500-$600/week is not that expensive! I don't live in a HCOL area, and it's still not uncommon for experienced nannies to get close to $20/hour.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"