Stay at Home Moms
Options

teach2183

Hey there,
I just wanted to post over here and tell you I saw your post on Money Matters and how awful I think they were to you.  We're in a similar mortgage situation and my DH feels the same way - I am currently the breadwinner and will quit working with we have #1.  It will be a struggle and DH is constantly worrying how he will support us, but on paper, we'll make it.  Sometimes the budget will be tight, just like you, but if you're determined to make it, you will.  And with $11K in savings, you'll be covered for a few months, which is what it is for.

Alot of the women on the MM board are very career/money driven and may not have the same ideas as you re: SAH vs. daycare.  While you would be in serious trouble if DH was laid off, that can be said for any SAHM and it sounds like you'll be able to get a job if needed.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are people in the same situation and feel the same way as you.

Good luck!

Re: teach2183

• Options
    Thanks.  I was definitely shocked by the reaction, as we spent a lot of time carefully considering whether we could make it.  I guess it is hard for some that do not value having a SAH parent why one would choose to live so close to right on budget.  We just feel that the first year is so important that if it meant draining our savings for me to SAH, we're okay with that.  I am super excited that we will come out ahead, which means I might stay home longer.  Kids are cheap when they're young, so I'm enjoying every minute of it.  DD is asleep in my lap right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"