2nd Trimester

Pregnancy & Concerts

Hi Ladies,

I was told by my OB that going to a concert is ok at 16.5 weeks.  What are your thoughts? I bought the tix way before I knew I was prego.

Kelly :0)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy & Concerts

• It would depend.  Is there smoking allowed at the venue? Is it a rowdy crowd? Will you be able to sit, or will you have to stand the whole time?

I don't know if it would be "harmful" but think about your comfort level.

I would probably try to sell the ticket. 

• Loading the player...
  • Seriously?  Unless you are going to be in a mosh pit, why couldn't you go to a concert while pregnant?  If you were 30+ weeks and had to stand the whole time then I'd warn you that you might be uncomfortable but I don't see any risk factors here from listening to music with a group of other people. 
    Lilypie - (YBLf)

Lilypie - (Cfah)
    image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"">
  • I went to a concert It was fine! Just don't wear heals like I did:) It's only loud to us, not the baby:)
  • H and I went to an all day metal festival when I was pregnant with DD..Mayhem Fest if anyone is familiar.

I was about 22 weeks at the time, as long as you drink alot of water, steer clear of any mosh pits ( at least that was a concern at our concert) and eat every few hours you should be fine.

But Like I sadi Drink Lots of water and rest while you can :)...and Have fun

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• imageslwhatley:

In that case, no.

bwahhahaa!  Yes

I've been to 4 concerts since becoming pg.  One was techno/trance about a month ago.  No concerns, no issues, nothing.  Have fun, or as much fun as you can going to a Nickleback concert.  Ick!

• imageDonniesgrrl:

H and I went to an all day metal festival when I was pregnant with DD..Mayhem Fest if anyone is familiar.

Whoop!  I really want to go this year (I think I'm thinking of the right one), but it's a few weeks before my due date.  :(

• imageslwhatley:

In that case, no.

Heehee!

I went to see Lucero and the Driveby Truckers last week.  And Lucero on their own last week.  I never even thought to ask the OB.  I did move to the back when the crowd got jumpy. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imageslwhatley:
    I'm concerned about her exposing her unborn child to sh!tty music. She should probably sit this one out.

slwhatley you are cracking me up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • imageCourtneyR2N:

I don't know if it would be "harmful" but think about your comfort level.

I would probably try to sell the ticket. 

Better get out a bubble then, cause you're going to have a looooong pregnancy.

• I went to a friend's concert a few weeks back, and it really made my baby kick, it hurt a few times.  And then later I was invited to a concert that would be louder, and I looked around, and I'm at 26 weeks (the concert is next week), and right now it could hurt the baby's eardrums, so for the sake of my baby I decided against it.
  • I am going to one tonight and my OB told me today that everything will be fine she joked and said I needed to buy ear muffs for my belly but she said just enjoy
  • imagepixy_stix:
    imageDonniesgrrl:

H and I went to an all day metal festival when I was pregnant with DD..Mayhem Fest if anyone is familiar.

Whoop!  I really want to go this year (I think I'm thinking of the right one), but it's a few weeks before my due date.  :(

We wanted to go to but it is the week of my Due date...although if baby isn't starting to make any progress maybe this would help LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• imageslwhatley:
    I'm concerned about her exposing her unborn child to sh!tty music. She should probably sit this one out.

lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I plan on going to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert on April 28th. If I asked my OB a question like this he would probably laugh at me. He is so old school. I will be 22 weeks at this point.
  • I am going to a U2 concert when I am 33+ weeks. I am beyond excited.

I will probably be sitting more than the rest of the crowd, but meh who cares!  

• imageslwhatley:

Hilarious!  This is a stupid question.

• At 16-17 weeks, I would absolutely go.

I'm sad because my favorite band (Phish) is playing 2 shows in my city July 3rd and 4th. I will be 37 weeks pregnant at the time and I might still go. I'm not buying my tickets in advance because I can't know how I will feel at that time, but if I feel okay the week before the show and if my OB doesn't have a problem with it, I will be buying my tickets from StubHub.com or similar and enjoying the show even if I have to sit down for the whole thing. I feel like anything before ~32, 34 weeks is probably fine--after that point you just have to let your personal comfort level dictate what you decide. 

• imageslwhatley:

In that case, no.

FTW!

My sentiments exactly Stick out tongue

• I need to show this to my husband. My best friend from high school just asked me to go see Toad the Wet Sprocket which was one of our favorite bands in high schoool and my husband said absolutlely not. He thinks it's going to hurt the baby's ears. I don't know if it will or not, but I think he's being a little too over protective.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• imageslwhatley:

lol this made me spit out my water.

• imagedixee.deluxe:

I went to see Lucero and the Driveby Truckers last week.  And Lucero on their own last week.  I never even thought to ask the OB.  I did move to the back when the crowd got jumpy. 

Just had to say I love Lucero! Saw them last year at SXSW. His voice is one of my favorites.  

To the OP, I don't see why a concert would be a problem, especially since your OB gave you the okay.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLittleMs.Wifey:

I am going to a U2 concert when I am 33+ weeks. I am beyond excited.

The 360 tour?  It is an AMAZING show.  You're going to have a great time!
  • I was in a similar situation but I was only going to be 8 weeks at the concert.  I elected not to go because (a) I was concerned about the noise level as loud noises throughout this pregnancy seem to make me feel ill (b) I hadn't had the chance to talk to my OB yet and I wasn't sure if it was safe and (c) I was afraid that I would be unable to go to a concert and not hit up the mosh pit. 

My only concern would be that my doctor told me a certian level of decible (sp?) exposure over a long period of time can aggravate existing problems (if you have any) and can also be harmful to baby's ears.  That being said, this is usually only the case in prolonged exposure, like days and hours on end.  I would be comfortable going to a concert anytime in my second trimester or then on, if only my sensitive hearing would cooperate. 

You OB said ok, so you should be in the clear. :-)

• imageslwhatley:

In that case, no.

love it! OP you should be fine. I am going to a concert almost 2 hours away at 36 weeks, so I'm not too worried about yours.

• imagealy&jj:
    I need to show this to my husband. My best friend from high school just asked me to go see Toad the Wet Sprocket which was one of our favorite bands in high schoool and my husband said absolutlely not. He thinks it's going to hurt the baby's ears. I don't know if it will or not, but I think he's being a little too over protective.

You are totally dating yourself! LOL...that's okay because they were popular when I was in HS too....I'm going to a concert 5 days before my EDD. I just made sure I got actual seats instead of grass seats. OP, you should go and have fun while you don't have to worry about paying for/getting a sitter, etc.

• I went to a concert two weeks ago, great seats, close to stage, and had no problems.  I just bought tickets to another concert in July.  I don't see it being a problem. 
  • imageslwhatley:

In that case, no.

LOL

• imageslwhatley:

Ha! Sorry, but definitely this!

• go to the concert and have a good time.  just because you are pregnant doesn't make you crippled.
  • I went to a Black Eyed Peas/Ludacris concert at 20 weeks.  No problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only problem I ever had with loud things in preg is when I went to an IMAX movie at about 30 wks preg with DD#1.  She just kicked the crap out of me which made me uncomfortable but it didn't hurt her at all.  Ditto the lots of fluids
  • imagecarpozi:
    Seriously?  Unless you are going to be in a mosh pit, why couldn't you go to a concert while pregnant?  If you were 30+ weeks and had to stand the whole time then I'd warn you that you might be uncomfortable but I don't see any risk factors here from listening to music with a group of other people. 

this exactly...only she said it a heck of a lot nicer than I would have.  This is a ridiculous question.

• I don't see any risks in going.  Last week (at 17w) I went to a Blue Man Group Show...not a concert, but definitely sensory overload.  I was fine.

• I'm going to a concert at 32 weeks.  Go and have fun.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • it's fine

I went to one (in a bar - no, I didn't drink) 8 months pg with ds #1 and I saw U2 at almost 5 months with ds 2

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • imageLittleMs.Wifey:

I am going to a U2 concert when I am 33+ weeks. I am beyond excited.

it was the BEST concert - and I've seen them 7-8 times - have fun! I'm jealous they aren't close to me this time around

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • I worked as a bouncer at a local bar until I was 8 months pg with DS, and I can't tell you how many concerts I worked while I was there. Reel Big Fish, The Fray, even Kottonmouth Kings (not a fan of the last one, but it's amusing to be there as a "crowd spectator") DS has suffered no lingering effects, aside from a persistent passion for music and a deep seeded love of dancing along when The Fray is playing...
    ~Renee Mommy to Caden (4)and Ariana (10 months) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy and her babies, Disney World, April 24, 2011
  • I went to a concert when I was 20 weeks pregnant with my oldest. Did nothing to him.  He just moved around more in time with the music.  I find it ironic that he is always humming or singing now as a kid though.
  • At 16.5 weeks, that's definitely not a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"