Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Handmade furniture

DH wants to make something himself for the nursery that the baby can keep forever.

Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Handmade furniture

• Options
    Bookshelf?  Small table and chairs (can be used for your child's children)?  Or a side table for the rocker/glider?
  • Options
    My grandpa made all his grandkids step stools too. I used mine all through my life from the time I was a little girl (stood on it to brush my teeth, etc) and even now as an adult it's handy and I use it all the time.

They're relatively simple to make, as well.
    Are you serious???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dad made us a low height "play table". My mom drug it out of storage last weekend for the grandbaby to use then they visit... she's so excited. It will be fun that my kid will play on the same table I played on as a kid when we visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    a close family friend had a baby, and my father in law made a trunk used for her, and then used a wood burning tool tro mount a beauriful plaque on the front with her name in it, it turne out so great, he used mahgonay with a cherry finish for the most part but the top of the trunk was trimmed with a lighter wood, oak with a clear coat, it was really pretty,when they are young it can be for toys, and as they get older it can be used for storage of keepsakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"