Trouble TTC

Business Travel in 1st Trimester

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. My husband thinks I am being ridiculous thinking about this since I am only 5 weeks, but I am going to be away on business travel from 7 weeks until 10 weeks. I am concerned that my work clothing that will fit at the begining of the trip will not fit by the last week. I was thinking that perhaps I should get a few bella bands and maybe another wrap dress or two in case my fitted stuff is too snug. Its not that I think that I will have a "baby bump" by then. I just worry about the bloat and my chest fitting into my clothing.  Do you think I need to worry about that at 10 weeks?

Re: Business Travel in 1st Trimester

• At 10 weeks I was still wearing my normal clothes and using the bella band once in awhile.  Definitely pick one of those up they are fabulous. 
  • It depends on how fitted your clothes are. I had some clothes that I couldn't wear by 8 weeks, but most of my clothes were fine until a week or so ago. You should be OK with most of your clothes but you may want to pack a few rubber bands and pick clothes that have a little breathing room to make it easier to work into in case you start to feel that they are getting snug.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have several pairs of business-y pants from NY & Company that have an elastic waistband. They have a website if you don't have a store in your mall.

I have a trip next week. I haven't really gained any weight, my problem is that something that fits fine in the a.m. is tight later in the day due to bloating.

Anyway, their knit elastic waist pants are really comfortable and cute and very forgiving. And I plan to be able to wear them after the pregnancy as well. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it also depends on your body shape. I'm not quite 5'2 and an athletic 137lbs.  I have less than an inch between my ribs and hips which means there's no room but out.  I've actually lost 2lbs over the last week but am extremely bloated and my fitted pants aren't doing the job anymore. 

So to answer your question, it's possible that you'll need a bigger size or something to help you keep your pants up :)
  • I have found that dress/business clothing is more forgiving than casual wear.  You could pack some slacks that are stretchy but not tight.  I have not tried the Bella Band, but I would think you could get away with small tricks like that if you needed to.  There is always the ever so cheap pony tail holder.  Just pack shirts long enough to cover.  When I was 10 weeks, I was uncomfortable sitting but fine walking around in my normal clothes.  :-
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"