1st Trimester

I don't like being pregnant

Re: I don't like being pregnant

• imagerosenjoe:
    I'm effing thrilled at every single symptom.  Every time I feel nauseated, every time I can't lay on my stomach because my boobs are sore, every time I have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I thank God that my baby is still doing well enough to make me feel this way.  I had an "easy" pregnancy with very few symptoms the first time.  It didn't end well.

You don't have to like it, but you should at least feel grateful for it.

this x1,000!

• Gimme a break...this is the first tri board. Where folks are talking about their babies and being pregnant. If you dont like what you are reading then dont come to this board if it bothers you. PP, I am sorry for your loss but a part of me wonders why you are here making yourself feel worse. I have had a m/c too but I wasnt all over people on baby boards telling them to shut up about it. For the record there are some things I dont like about this pregnancy either like the back pain, m/s and not wanting to eat but yes, I am grateful that I am having another baby! And I am sure OP feels the same way
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so excited to pregnant. I could do with everything, but lose the bloat. I just keeping hoping it really is bloat and I'm not getting fat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every time you feel sorry for yourself, please ask yourself whether it would be worse to experience your symptoms or to not be pregnany anymore/not be able to get pregnant.  It puts things into perspective.

Keeping complaints to a minimum and being grateful for what you have is good practice for being a good role model to your kid.

Also, this may be a board full of pregnant women, but don't ever underestimate the varying perspectives on this board.  An IRL friend without fertility issues or previous pregnancy losses would be a much better audience for these types of comments.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenic326:
    Gimme a break...this is the first tri board. Where folks are talking about their babies and being pregnant. If you dont like what you are reading then dont come to this board if it bothers you. PP, I am sorry for your loss but a part of me wonders why you are here making yourself feel worse. I have had a m/c too but I wasnt all over people on baby boards telling them to shut up about it. For the record there are some things I dont like about this pregnancy either like the back pain, m/s and not wanting to eat but yes, I am grateful that I am having another baby! And I am sure OP feels the same way

Are you serious?  There are plenty of women in first tri who still are fresh out of IF problems and losses and will NEVER forget how painful those experiences are. 

Also, it doesn't take having a bad experience to understand that it is sometimes best to be quiet and be grateful for what you have rather than whining on the internet.  Husbands are great people to vent to about symptoms because they don't have to deal with any of this stuff and are there to be supportive. 

• Oh, good god.  Now people can't biitch about pregnancy?  Really?  On a freaking message board about pregnancy?  It is amazing so people manage to make it through life, what with being so offended and everything being about them all.the.time.

Pregnancy symptoms blow.  I don't love my kid any less, but I will not sit here and blow smoke up anyone's ass about being so grateful to puke four times a week, pee constantly, and have my boobs feel like they are being stabbed.

Jesus, it's not like she went to  Infertility or TTTC or Miscarriage and said this. 

God forbid people talk about what the first trimester is like around here.

And spare me.  We had fertility issues too.  It doesn't make the vomit more pleasant at all.

• imagejen629:
    I don't like not being pregnant

(((hugs)))

• imageOCIrishBruin:

Every time you feel sorry for yourself, please ask yourself whether it would be worse to experience your symptoms or to not be pregnany anymore/not be able to get pregnant.  It puts things into perspective.

Keeping complaints to a minimum and being grateful for what you have is good practice for being a good role model to your kid.

Also, this may be a board full of pregnant women, but don't ever underestimate the varying perspectives on this board.  An IRL friend without fertility issues or previous pregnancy losses would be a much better audience for these types of comments.

Seriously? She is entitled to post about the crappy side of being pregnant on this board if she wants to. You, on the other hand, dont have to read it if its going to bother you. Its a message board, she can say whatever she wants

• imagehhpd2009:

Oh, good god.  Now people can't biitch about pregnancy?  Really?  On a freaking message board about pregnancy?  It is amazing so people manage to make it through life, what with being so offended and everything being about them all.the.time.

Pregnancy symptoms blow.  I don't love my kid any less, but I will not sit here and blow smoke up anyone's ass about being so grateful to puke four times a week, pee constantly, and have my boobs feel like they are being stabbed.

Jesus, it's not like she went to  Infertility or TTTC or Miscarriage and said this. 

And spare me.  We had fertility issues too.  It doesn't make the vomit more pleasant at all.

Jesus, no kidding. We all better censor ourselves now for the sake of the TTTC gals. Hey guess what - we have had hard times too...trouble getting pregnant and m/c.

• No
    imagehhpd2009:

Oh, good god.  Now people can't biitch about pregnancy?  Really?  On a freaking message board about pregnancy?  It is amazing so people manage to make it through life, what with being so offended and everything being about them all.the.time.

No

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageOCIrishBruin:

imagenic326:
    Gimme a break...this is the first tri board. Where folks are talking about their babies and being pregnant. If you dont like what you are reading then dont come to this board if it bothers you. PP, I am sorry for your loss but a part of me wonders why you are here making yourself feel worse. I have had a m/c too but I wasnt all over people on baby boards telling them to shut up about it. For the record there are some things I dont like about this pregnancy either like the back pain, m/s and not wanting to eat but yes, I am grateful that I am having another baby! And I am sure OP feels the same way

Are you serious?  There are plenty of women in first tri who still are fresh out of IF problems and losses and will NEVER forget how painful those experiences are. 

Also, it doesn't take having a bad experience to understand that it is sometimes best to be quiet and be grateful for what you have rather than whining on the internet.  Husbands are great people to vent to about symptoms because they don't have to deal with any of this stuff and are there to be supportive. 

Yes, I am totally serious.

• imagenic326:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

Every time you feel sorry for yourself, please ask yourself whether it would be worse to experience your symptoms or to not be pregnany anymore/not be able to get pregnant.  It puts things into perspective.

Seriously? She is entitled to post about the crappy side of being pregnant on this board if she wants to. You, on the other hand, dont have to read it if its going to bother you. Its a message board, she can say whatever she wants

Exactly, and so can we.  You know what?  During my pregnancy, I felt great.  I had no m/s, I wasn't tired.  I felt like a million bucks.  Well, that baby didn't make it.  I would give my right arm to puke my guts out right now and be so tired I could barely drag my ass out of bed.  I would be so happy to have that, and at this point who knows if/when I will.  So there.  This is a message board, and we can say whatever we want, too. 

• imagehhpd2009:

Yes Well said. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageOlive44:
    imagenic326:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

Exactly, and so can we.  You know what?  During my pregnancy, I felt great.  I had no m/s, I wasn't tired.  I felt like a million bucks.  Well, that baby didn't make it.  I would give my right arm to puke my guts out right now and be so tired I could barely drag my ass out of bed.  I would be so happy to have that, and at this point who knows if/when I will.  So there.  This is a message board, and we can say whatever we want, too. 

Good for you?

• imageOlive44:
    imagenic326:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

Really.  This isn't a healthy approach to life.  Her pregnancy has jack shiit to do with yours.

• imagejen629:
    I don't like not being pregnant

Yes i heart you jen

• imagehhpd2009:
    imageOlive44:
    imagenic326:
    imageOCIrishBruin:

Really.  This isn't a healthy approach to life.  Her pregnancy has jack shiit to do with yours.

Thank you! I couldnt agree more

• imagepiecesofflare:

I have to say that I feel like *** on a pretty constant basis right now, and most days I can barely sit or lie down without excruciating pain from the stupid injections I have to give myself just to stay pregnant.

This morning I bled all over the floor from hitting a bad spot in my ass and I swore at the damn needle.

Then I started spotting and decided that I'd way rather spurt blood a few feet every day than not have this wonderful thing happening to me. 

I don't like that I can't breathe well anymore, and feel like puking every second of the day, and have no energy.  But holy fvck, it's better than the alternative.

I missed the part where the OP said she would rather not be pregnant.

Um, wouldn't everyone take away the symptoms and still have a healthy pregnancy if they could?

• imagenic326:
    imagehhpd2009:

Jesus, no kidding. We all better censor ourselves now for the sake of the TTTC gals. Hey guess what - we have had hard times too...trouble getting pregnant and m/c.

Please.  If you start a post knowing it is flameworthy, expect flames.  Starting a post with "I don't like being pregnant" is just asking for these kinds of comments.

She has every right to talk about how m/s sucks, how she hates having sore boobs, etc.  There is a way to talk about what is bugging you without sounding ungrateful for the good stuff.

And, FWIW, I think the OP's response later was totally appropriate.  It's the rest of you claiming that you should be able to b*tch and moan about being pregnant without anyone pointing out how selfish that is who are being annoying.  You would not go up to your friend who had a loss or went through IVF and start talking about how you hate being pregnant.  Well, those women are here too, so be respectful of that.  It is common sense.  You don't get a free pass for being insensitive just because this is the internet.

• imageOCIrishBruin:

Bull.  The OP said nothing at all that was offensive.  She didn't say she wish she'd never gotten pregnant.  She didn't say she wished this pregnancy would end so she wouldn't have to suffer m/s or sore boobs.  She said she didn't like having pregnancy symptoms.  That is a completely valid statement to make.  Many many women don't like morning sickness, sore boobs, peeing, etc. 

That does not mean that OP and women with the same feelings shouldn't make those statements in order to spare the feelings of an internet stranger.  The internet strangers could easily easily not open this post, hit reply, type out a reply and hit "post".  They could just skip the post or block the poster for awhile until the post goes away from their screen. 

And as for the husband - I have never met one husband who has ever gone through morning sickness, sore boobs, or uterine stretching pains.  Therefore, husbands are probably not the best person to request sympathy from. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagenic326:
    imagehhpd2009:

Yes, I can see you had a ton of trouble with your 2u2.

She said in her OP that she might get flamed. Some people agreed with her and some people stated their opinion about the symptoms. As you said, Public message board and everything- were entitled to our opinions.

Oh, and nobody needs to walk on eggshells to spare my feelings, thanks. If I dont like something, Ill speak up. 

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• What in the god damn hell is flameworthy about saying feeling like crap sucks?
  • imageOCIrishBruin:
    imagenic326:
    imagehhpd2009:

Please.  If you start a post knowing it is flameworthy, expect flames.  Starting a post with "I don't like being pregnant" is just asking for these kinds of comments.

She has every right to talk about how m/s sucks, how she hates having sore boobs, etc.  There is a way to talk about what is bugging you without sounding ungrateful for the good stuff.

And, FWIW, I think the OP's response later was totally appropriate.  It's the rest of you claiming that you should be able to b*tch and moan about being pregnant without anyone pointing out how selfish that is who are being annoying.  You would not go up to your friend who had a loss or went through IVF and start talking about how you hate being pregnant.  Well, those women are here too, so be respectful of that.  It is common sense.  You don't get a free pass for being insensitive just because this is the internet.

who ever said she was ungrateful??? Besides YOU. Get over yourself. If you feel people here are being insensitive go back to the regular board you are on. See my profile pic? It aint all puppies and rainbows hun

• imagehhpd2009:
    What in the god damn hell is flameworthy about saying feeling like crap sucks?

Look at whose doing the flaming

• I hated the symptoms of being pregnant for a few weeks. It got a lot better though. Hang in there!
    image image

• ::gasp:: there are a bunch of girls on second tri who dont like being pregnant either!
  • imagelissasue3:
    imagenic326:
    Maybe to say goodbye to the board but saw this first?

Thank you Lissa, that is exactly what happened. I only came here to say goodbye to a few ladies that I know care.  I think people that b!tch about situations they put themselves in are dumb cVnts no matter what though.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imagenic326:
    ::gasp:: there are a bunch of girls on second tri who dont like being pregnant either!

I don't want to scare anyone.  But, I also know women who think labor hurts.

• imagehhpd2009:

imagenic326:
    ::gasp:: there are a bunch of girls on second tri who dont like being pregnant either!

You dont say?

I heart you hhpd

• imagehhpd2009:

I am not going to report you or anything but that language was pretty uncalled for.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMilliways:

imagehhpd2009:

I am not going to report you or anything but that language was pretty uncalled for.

One of my most unfortunate pregnancy symptoms is potty mouth.  For that one I am grateful.

• imagehhpd2009:

Her title was I don't like being pregnant, not "these symptoms are killing me", if she just wanted the end result, she should have looked into adoption (and yes, I am aware that isn't a simple alternative, just trying to make a point).

Like I said before, I've spent minimal time here, but I haven't seen many posts complaining about needing zofran that get multiple boards upset.  Her wording was obnoxious.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I will back the OP up.  I don't like being pregnant.  At all.  I am grateful - beyond grateful after my loss in January.  But, I don't like sitting here in bed with a pump pumping zofran into me 24/7 and I am about to get hooked up to IV fluids here in my house since I am so dehydrated.  Meanwhile, my sweet 2 year old won't leave my side and won't go play because he knows Mommy doesn't feel good.  Which makes me feel incredibly guilty that I am not giving him enough attention, etc. So, yeah I don't like being pregnant - thankful for it and love the end result but don't particulary like the suckiness that is first tri.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • imagelissasue3:
    imagehhpd2009:

imagenic326:

Where's CathyMD when you need her and her image of You and Missing the Point?
    Totally.
  • Wow. okay so..

Would it have been better if she had just chosen her words more wisely in her title?

Or is it an issue that complaining about symptoms=you're not grateful for being pregnant?

Sorry  LK about your loss. Sad

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imagehhpd2009:
    imageMilliways:

imagehhpd2009:

One of my most unfortunate pregnancy symptoms is potty mouth.  For that one I am grateful.

For the record, at times I think a well placed obscenity is one of the most versatile and colorful aspects of the English language. 

However, gratuitous profanity is crude, boorish, and has a corrosive quality that tends to quickly ruin whatever point you were trying to make because all I can focus on is how stupid you must be if you can't make that point any other way than to hapazardly string together obscenities.

I would say intelligence is one of my symptoms, but I was this way before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMilliways:
    imagehhpd2009:
    imageMilliways:

imagehhpd2009:

For the record, at times I think a well placed obscenity is one of the most versatile and colorful aspects of the English language. 

However, gratuitous profanity is crude, boorish, and has a corrosive quality that tends to quickly ruin whatever point you were trying to make because all I can focus on is how stupid you must be if you can't make that point any other way than to hapazardly string together obscenities.

I would say intelligence is one of my symptoms, but I was this way before.

I'm not sure if being on the high horse is healthy for the baby.  

• The only thing I have complained about are the cramps because they are so similar to menstrual cramps that they had me a little worried. Otherwise, nothing else is bothering me at all. I mean, it would be nice to not have sore boobs and this insanely odd nipple sensation (I can't call it pain but it is weird) but it's just part of my body making a baby! I am thrilled.
  • imageOCIrishBruin:
    imagenic326:
    imagehhpd2009:

Are you REALLY saying that on 1st tri???? Come on, insensitive (masked as telling it like it is) seems to be the Hallmark of some folks on this board.

• ---- sorry for triple post by accident ---

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"