Health & Exercise

Recommend your fiber snacks!

What things can I eat to help things move along a little more "smoothly." Ahem.

I am eating celery with PB right now.
What are your favorite (and most efficient) fiber snacks?

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your fiber snacks!

• dried fruits (apricots or prunes).
  • I don't know about fiber, but Activia helped me a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • i take fiber supplements in pill form. 
  • what about high fiber cereals? my dh eats two bowls a day and he is mr. regular
  • fiber 1 bars for me....but watch out for gas with those!

i also eat an orange every morning, and drink one cup of half-caf coffee. 

• Well these aren't really snacks but tips to increase your fiber.
    I add ground flax seeds to everything such as smoothies, spagetti and pasta sauces, pancake and cookies mixes, It is hard to notice that you even added it, my DH can never tell.
  • popcorn. a regular serving has 9 grams of fiber.
  • granola bars
    dried apricots, apples, mangos
    peaches are coming into season in CA and strawberries almost everywhere
    homemade trail mix
    rice cakes
    sun chips
    fiber pills/powder in a pinch
  • PEARS!  Dr. reccomemded!  I used it on my Daughter and it works like a charm now.  Anytime she slows do I start pushing the pears.
  • no flames please but i love

Metamucil Fiber Wafers :) the cinnamon flavor with a big glass of milk for breakfast. start off with one each morning for about a week, then two (they come 2 to a package). it taste like a cookie but you def need the milk.

• Fiber One cereal.
  • I like fiber one bars. pears are super tasty I should try those
  • Divakotka- Don't know if you're still checking responses on this. If you are here's my trick (for the past two years now) GNU Bars. They have 12g of fiber per bar, 130 calories and 3g of fat. All natural and organic ingredients. I buy them on-line and have automatic monthly shipments now. You can also find them at some Vitamin Shoppe stores and some Trader Joe's stores will have a couple of their flavors. I eat the cinamon bar every morning and that's all I need now. I suffer from IBS (irratable bowel syndrome) and being regular is a BIG problem for me. I have researched and tried a lot of things and the right combination of fiber (soluble and insoluble) is key for results without the side effects of gas and bloating. Here's the GNU Bar website: https://www.gnufoods.com/ I started out with two bars a day for sometime and now I'm fine with one. Some days when I don't eat a salad and fruits I'll eat two bars. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck RBC
  • I like gnu bars.  They have 12 grams of fiber I think in each bar and they're really tasty.
  • homemade bran muffins, lots of fruit, lots of veggies and lots of water, i also eat low sodium which seems to help me. dh gets fiber one bars in his lunch with his fiber one yogurt :-)

i switched to a vegetarian diet so i have stopped doing this since things are moving along very efficently now lol but i loved benefiber - i dissolved it in spaghetti sauce, pudding, pretty much everything - they have a kind out now with folic acid!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"