Preemies

Here we go again!! :(

Hi there,

Long time lurker, but need encouragement and support. I am a mother of a healthy 3yr old boy born at 34weeks Emerg. C. (4lbs 3oz.)  Due to pre-e, and low amniotic fluid levels. I am now 26 weeks preg. with son #2 and diagnosed IUGR and ?insufficient placenta?. I have been put on bed-rest already and warned of earlier delivery than last time. I?m sad/ depressed that we have to have another tough pregnancy.  Any one have advice/ stories to share. How to manage a preemie and 3 year old? Thank you.

Re: Here we go again!! :(

• I don't have any advice for you but I know how you feel.  I had DS at 25 weeks due to IC and I'm TTC #2.  I know with my 2nd I have to have a cerclage done at 14 weeks.  After that I won't be on bed rest but I'll have a lot of limitations (not allowed to lift anything, can't stand for long periods of time, ect.)  I hope you will be able to hold off longer before you have your baby.  I hope everything works out for you.
  • Oh! I'm so sorry!   I had pe twice although able to deliver later. My second pregnancy and delivery was much easier (pree hadn't surfaced until 37wk that time, after the point where I had delivered dd).  

I have no advice or anything to relate, really.  All I can do is send lots of prayers your way. (((hugs)))  I hope you have a good support system around you.  PE twice is why we're done with having babies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi my twins were IUGR, specifically Evan.  THey are 6months old now  though they were almost 11 weeks early. They are doing great! 

THis board is awesome.  Just hang in there and think positive thoughts.  Let me know if you have questions.
  • I have a 5 month old who was born at 27 weeks.  At that time my oldest daughter was 18 months old.  Since my pregnancy was mostly bedrested (or some form of it), I needed someone with me around the clock.  It was by far the hardest thing I have (and hopefully ever will!) go through.  I survived it though and so will you.  What got me through was knowing that this is all a temporary situation.  It is going to take time, patience, and a rollercoaster ride of emotion, but LIFE WILL RESUME NORMALCY!!  I had a friend who volunteered to take my daughter every Tuesday during my pregnancy.  We continued that throughout DD #2's 90 day NICU stay and even now that the baby is home.  It is a huge help and relief to have that time alone with the baby. 
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"