Trying to Get Pregnant

Poll-DH

Ok, I've seen this poll done a few times during the day, but I'm never here to do it. So, how did you and DH meet? Cute/sappy stories welcome. I'll start.

We met online, but not through a dating service. Kind of accidentally(I was selling a bunch of stuff, he answered my ad). The weird part is, we both frequented the same library for about 4 months(I must have walked past him 100 times), and we met just before I was about to move out of the city.

Re: Poll-DH

• DH and I met in high school however did not start dating until college. Truth is I had a HUGE crush on him all throughout HS!!
  • Match.com
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Loading the player...
  • We met in college; he sat behind me and we just started talking.
  • We met at 7-11.  He was NYPD at the time and he pulled me over in a 7-11 parking lot
  • I met mine on Yahoo Personals.  We talked on line for about a month, met in person for a lunch date. Lunch lasted nearly two hours.  We met a few other mutual places until I finally let him pick me up at home.

On that date, he got pulled over for speeding. Afterwards, he looked at me and said, "At least you know there are no warrants for my arrest!"
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • High school (gag, I know). I didn't have a date to one of the dances and I asked him as a friend and we just hit it off! We dated while I was at college and for two years after. Have been together for 8 years. Didn't have any big fights until we got married! go figure
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We met in college. We were in the same dorm freshman year and lived about 20 feet from each other. Still took 2 months to meet. We were going out to see Rocky Horror Picture Show and he had on a mask and a fuzzy shirt. Caught my attention and we met that night. Then I realized he was in a few of my classes, I saw him everywhere. We started dating a few weeks later. Together ever since. It will be 10 years together next month. 3 years of marriage. Time flies! We have worked on the wardrobe since then :)
  • We met in synagogue at 13. Our parents and grandparents were friends. Though we didn't start dating til the end of high school -- he asked me to prom. We broke up mid way through our freshman year of college and got back together in the weirdest way ... kinda long and confusing but here goes. DH's best friend and I went to college together. His BF graduated in 2003 and me and BF's fiancee in 2004. Well I ran into her at a bar one night during our last year without her ring on (a few others had mentioned in previously) and with a few guys (and I knew she had been cheating at points with some of them b/c I lived with her). So I touched base with DH on AIM (we hadn't spoken since we broke up b/c his family moved away) to let him know that she was bad news. We started talking on the phone until I came home in May (about four months). Then we hung out with mutual friends for a bit. We go out one night just the two of us -- I'd just gotten my new car and he wanted to see it. So when the check came for dinner he says, "I got it. You just paid for a new car." It was such a lame line, but I fell for it. On a side note, best friend broke off his engagement and his getting married to a nice girl Memorial Day weekend. I just hope we can make it b/c we're both in the bridal party.
  • good one abc!

hubby and i meet in high school.  the sad part is that my best guy friend is also his best friend (more like his brother) and we NEVER meet until my senior year when we had math class together, and alphabetically (that's how we sat in class) we sat beside each other.  i think it was insane we had never meet, but maybe the timing was never right . . .
  • We met in a foreign country on vacation, but went to the same college.
  • We met in a bar...I had the hots for the bar owner's brother...he asked me to watch the door when he went in to change the tp in the gal's room...as I was standing gurad DH came down the stairs and I sent him into the bathroom to piss off hottie...we started talking and then 3 mos later ran into eachother again....my life has not been the same since!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I met in college.  we lived two rooms away freshman year.  we became best friends immediately.  After two weeks of knowing him, we went to go eat at the caf together and he blurted out "i'm going to marry you one day".  I called him a freak and told him i didn't know if we could be friends if he was gonna be creepy.  He never said anything about it again until 5 years later when he proposed. :)
  • Dh and I met at a keg party in college.  He was with his fraternity brothers and I was with my sorority sisters. We were the only 2 sober people at the party and ended up talking all night. It just took off from there.
  • Great poll, ABC!  I love reading these stories!

We met while I was at work.  I work as a NICU nurse, and one night admitted to the unit this baby who turned out to be DH's nephew.  The first night, the dad (DH's sister's husband) started telling me about his single brother in law.  Sure, whatever.  The next night, DH came in to visit his nephew, and I thought he was cute, and we talked a few minutes - but I was working and busy, so I could only talk while I was actually taking care of his nephew.  He came again the 3rd night I worked, and we talked a little bit more.  When I left for my lunch break, the parents were still there.  After lunch, I saw that they had left me a note, written from the baby, which basically gave me DH's number and said if I ever needed a weather forecast, give him a call (he had just gotten his meteorology degree).  Well, not knowing if he even knew about this note, I passed my email address to the dayshift nurse to pass along to the parents (DH's sister and her husband), saying that I wanted to keep in touch with the parents (I was going out of town).  Well, he emailed immediately!!  And, his nephew was discharged within a week and 18 months later was the ringbearer in our wedding!!
  • 7th grade gym class...my best friend had a crush on him, so DH and I started talking too and became friends.  He asked me out once but I said no because of my friend.  Then a year later she told him he should ask me out again because she knew we still liked each other.  So he did.  I said yes.  She never spoke to me again.
  • our story is super romantic... we met over a keg at the SAE frat house... 
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Carly-Were either of you doing a keg stand? Now THAT'S romance.
  • We met in high school, we went to rival schools and I had a friend from his school that wanted to set me up on a date but the guy I had been seeing decided he wanted to go steady that week so I ended up setting him up with my best friend. The night we all got together they didn't really hit it off and I was having fun hanging out with him so I made plans to meet up with him the next weekend. I got in a car accident so he though I stood him up but I was really in the ER. Then the next weekend my bff was in a car accident and I told DH to come see her and I left a note on my boyfriends car to come and my DH showed up but the boyfriend didn't (he was a jerk anyways)  and we have been together since. Thats kind of long and probably confusing lol sorry.
  • DH and I are another internet one, on JDate.  Funny part is that out of all the kids in his family, 3 of 4 met there spouses or future spouses on the internet (another JDate and a MySpace through a mutual friend).  Even funnier, the 3 internet spouses (myself included) all went to high school together!  There are tons of weird six degrees of separation type connections between me and DH via members of his family.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We "met" in elementary school when we were in a blended class (I was 2nd grade, he was 3rd) and a few of our subjects combined. He was the first boy I ever had a crush on, and I was always staring at him during gym class and cursive lessons ;) We eventually went to the same summer camp as well and were aquaintances through school, even though my crush on him never went away. We stayed in touch casually when he went to college. He FINALLY broke up with his HS GF in 2001, and we started dating that summer when we were both home from college. We did long distance for 3 years after that! I waited a long time for him, and it was worth the wait :)
  • My ex dated his ex.  I was hanging out with my ex (very good friend) and DH's ex (his gf), and we ran into DH.  I was introduced and the rest is history. 

Very random I know.
  • We met working at a summer band camp for at risk kids when we were in high school.  We dated for awhile, but decided that we didn't want to do the long distance thing when we went to college. 

So we communicated about once a year for about 12 years from all sorts of places.  Then, I guess we were at the right place in our lives, because our romance sparked over the phone and we were in that long distance relationship that we had avoided as teenagers.  A year later we were married and I moved to be with him.

***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • DH & I met in May of 2005 when we were working at a movie theater. We were really close friends but both in other relationships at the time. It wasn't until December of 2006 that we started hanging out a lot and finally realized that there was something between us. We've been together ever since.
  • We met on Facebook.  In college I was searching for people who I would have graduated with (if I had stayed at the high school in TN and my family hadn't have moved us to FL.)  I noticed his name looked familiar so I poked him.  He responds with "Should I know you?"  And that is where it started.  He was in TN and I was in FL.  He made a visit to come see me and that was it.  Our first phone call lasted ALL night....and by that I mean, he hung up the phone then went to his 8am class!  ::sigh::  The good ol' days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• We met when I was on a business trip

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was set up on a blind date by my mother...and it worked!  We've pretty much been inseparable since.
  • We met in highschool. We both had huge crushes on eachother, but we were both in "serious" hs relationships. barf. Once we secretly met up at the astros stadium and we ended up on the big screen kiss cam and his GF at the time SAW us on tv. haha. We finally dated about a couple months before he went to college, but then lost touch for more than 4 years. He tracked me down online and emailed me (not knowing about my daughter), he said he had kept my email address and phone # all through college on a little slip of paper I gave him 5 years earlier.  

We talked online for months, then he sent me his phone number. I held onto it for a few weeks, but once I called, everything progressed so fast. We talked non-stop for hours every night. He finally asked me to visit him in San Fran. I was hesitant, but there wa a deep connection, so I went. That weekend we both knew we would marry eachother. Less than a month later he moved to TX, then we were engaged a year later,  then married 7 months after that and moved to CA. Now pregnant. Whew. Lots of changes! I still have a crush on the memory of him in high school. He was so cute and clueless then.. I can't believe we first "did it" 8 years ago. WOW. Sorry TMI. haha

• At a house party in college.  I was standing on the front porch with my new roommate and he came walking up the steps (drunk)  He started singing along to the radio which was playing "Free Falling" by Tom Petty.  We played "Free Falling" at our wedding as the last song of the night.
  • Kinda late here =(

We also met online ( a regular chatroom)..we chatted and exchange e-mails for about 2 months ultil he convince me to meet. I agreed but brought along a friend and so did he and it was in a public place. We hit off right away =)...After 2 months of meeting in person we officially started dating.
  • We met via one of the lesser known social networking sites through mutual friends in grad school.
  • We met at an all boys juvenile facility...he was on treatment team and lived with the  boys in tents I was the science teacher...I loved his ratty cowboy hat and the way he came right up to me and introduced himself
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"