Birth Stories

Did any of ya'll deliver between 24-37 weeks?

I dont have anything helpful to tell you since I am not pregnant yet, but I do want you to know that you are in my prayers and will soon be on my church prayer list.

Re: Did any of ya'll deliver between 24-37 weeks?

• do the best you can to stay healthy. there is so much during pregancy and motherhood that is out of our control. trust me, keeping your legs crossed won't help if you go into preterm labor!

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • My first was early and fine.  This one went until 39 weeks.  Even going early once doesn't guarantee a second preemie.

• Loading the player...
  • My son was born a little shy of 36 weeks and he was fine. I had a very quick labor! I got to the hospital at 9:30 and I was ready to push at 10:30. He weighed
    in @ 5 4oz Once he was born he had a little trouble breathing and a little bit of rubbing took that away. When we left the hospital a few days later he had a bad case of jaundice.
  • I've heard after 28 weeks the baby is viable on the outside without too many health risks as the lungs are more mature...however the closer you can get in the 30's the better...I had my daughter at 37 weeks and she was perfect no problems!
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I know someone who delivered at 26 weeks.  She had preclampsia and was on bedrest in the hospital when her water broke.  The baby went to NICU and stayed there until his due date.  He came home just fine and is now about to be 5 years old.  He's perfect.  Neither she nor her husband were premature themselves and I am not sure if there is any correlation either but I do know that miracles like him happen every day and that it's possible for the baby to survive anytime after 24 weeks.
  • My girlfriend delivered her daughter at 27 weeks.  She weighed 2 lbs 5 oz.  She had to stay in the hospital for almost 3 months.  She is 15 months now and doing great!
    Trina
    Trina

• I delivered my son at 34w.  He weighed 4 lbs 13 ozs.  He had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU, but he had no major problems.  He is 10 wks old and over 8 1/2 lbs now and doing great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"