Birth Stories

Meredith Kate's birth story!

What an amazing experience I had!

I was scheduled for an induction due to high bp and protein in my urine. I was 40 weeks and 1 day. I arrived at the hospital 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.

We got to the hospital at 8 am and Pitocin started at about 9 am. This stuff works!! I was having contractions about 2 to 3 min apart within a few hours. They came on gradual and it was not bad at all.

I wanted to do most of my laboring standing up and using the birthing ball. I did this for hours. I was planning on getting an epidural but wanted to wait until I REALLY needed it. I was concerned that it may slow things down. They ended up breaking my water to speed things up.

I was so lucky to have a room with a view of a golf course because as I was laboring on the birthing ball I looked out to the golf course and with some deep breathing I found it to be very relaxing.

Time seemed to fly by and with help from the pitocin and breaking my water I went from deep breathing through the uncomfortable contractions to being extremly uncomfortable and loosing focus during my contractions. The nurse checked me....I was at 8 CM and 100% effaced. I said, "Can I still get an epidural????"

While waiting for the epi I became 10 cm and needed to push so bad...I could not believe I just labored without drugs!! But the anesthesiologist was awesome, she was about my age and told me to take the epi!! I did. It helped me regain focus and strength to start pushing.

I pushed for two hours....I pushed on my back but the best was pushing from a seated position in bed hanging on to a bar that attaches to the bed. ANYTIME I could use gravity in my favor I did. EVEN with an epidural I could do this!! It was amazing!!!

6 hours of labor and 2 hours pushing Meredith Kate came into our world. It was the best!!! THE BEST!! I had amazing nurses and doctors and my DH was an amazing coach!!

Words of advice:
Labor if you can standing up/birthing ball.
Push using gravtity in your favor.
Breath DEEP! YOGA BREATHING!!!
Remember this is just one day....one day of your life and the experience is amazing!!

Take care ladies!!

Re: Meredith Kate's birth story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"