North Florida Babies
Options

New with lots of questions

Hello. My husband and I moved to Jax in August 2009 for him to attend law school. I am a teacher and I know that I will have to go back to work after our daughter is born. She is due May 3, 2010. I am looking for daycare. I would rather have a home-based daycare, but I am not opposed to a daycare center. I live in the Southside/Baymeadows area. Any suggestions?

Re: New with lots of questions

• Options

I'm not familiar with daycares in that area.  We tried the in-home thing and had bad luck with it, so B is in daycare now.  I'm actually a lot happier with the daycare environment - he has learned so much and he loves going.  I like that its more structured and I don't have to worry about taking off work when the in-home teacher is sick or out of town.  We get a calendar at the beginning of the school year with all of the dates that they're closes, so we can plan in advance.

The price is definitely higher though.  We pay $220/wk for daycare, some of my friends pay that for both of their kids in an in-home setting.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

I have been told good things about this place:

https://www.magellanacademies.com/

I think T's learning center is also by you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The Learning Experience is awesome. Its on southside just past baymeadows. I think their baby room is full right now, but there may be an opening by the time you need it, if you register for a spot. I think they give a teacher discount there. I heard bad things from parents and teachers about T's, but i also know someone that is starting there soon because it is cheaper.

You can check out their website https://thelearningexperience.com/home.html  

I can also give you more names of centers in that area if you want to look at all your options.

• Options
    I live in the Fleming Island Area, one of my friends babies goes to the Primrose School in Fleming Island and I heard it is wonderful. Her daughter learned baby sign language there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechmana:
    I live in the Fleming Island Area, one of my friends babies goes to the Primrose School in Fleming Island and I heard it is wonderful. Her daughter learned baby sign language there.

A lot of the schools do sign language with the babies now.  B's does and we love it, its so nice for him to be able to tell us what he wants :)

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would love to know of other centers that you have heard positive things about. I am going to try to visit a few centers before making a decision. I have already scheduled a tour of the Learning Experience. Since I am not from this area, I have no idea which facilities are good and which ones are not. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    I live on the opposite side of town, but you could use this DCF search. They also list licensed home day cares.
  • Options

I've heard good things about The Learning Experience too.  A co-worker has her baby girl there and loves it.

We have our infant son at Magellan and love it too.  The ladies in the infant room are really, really caring which is the main thing they need at that age.

We may reevaluate when it comes time to pre-K and slightly before pre-K because we didn't research that part of the daycares yet.

Children's Lighthouse was also on our list.  It was more expensive than Magellan and didn't have any compensating factors to make it moreso from our perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"