Minnesota Babies
Options

evaporation line or pregnant? ahhhh!

Hi!  I'm a lurker on here since I just recently moved from NYC with my husband's job.  I'm nervously excited - but am NOT getting my hopes up b/c I took a $1 store pregnancy test and I couldn't see a line at first, but then I checked it 30 minutes later and there's a faint line.  I read a bunch of stuff online both ways, and I realize the box says it could be an evaporation line after 10 minutes, but just wondering if anyone else had this experience and they were indeed pregnant?

I also took the test in the afternoon and I'm 3 days before AF is due to arrive.  I'm sure my best bet is to wait it out until post missed period, but I'm just anxious!  Thanks for any tips.

Re: evaporation line or pregnant? ahhhh!

• Options

Sorry I can't help you with that but I wanted to Welcome you to the area. 

• Options
    You should see your result in 3 minutes.  Anything over 10 minutes is likely not accurate.  I would go get a digital test and that will give you a difinitive answer.  If it is negative and no period within a few days take another test.  Good luck!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Test again tomorrow morning.  Good Luck! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome!

I've noticed that the $1 store test are more acurate if you use first morning urine, or wait until after your missed period.

I'd test again in the morning or wait a few days and test again. you could always get a digital, or the + - kind that it's easier to see a line. Good Luck!

• Options
    imageStaceyJeanAckerman:

I've noticed that the $1 store test are more acurate if you use first morning urine...

This. I got the best result doing this. 

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

When in doubt, use a digital.

GL!

• Options
    I would say retest like the pps said. I ued the dollar store one as well but it was 2 days after AF didnt show up. The dollar store one worked well though. I also used first response and the digital one. I think the digital ones are so fun to actually read Pregnant!
  • Options
    so just wondering did you retest?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"